Having a tough weekend

Old 09-13-2003, 10:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
boo
Paused

Unhappy Having a tough weekend

Hi,
Basically, I just miss A very much. Being in 2 different countries does not help. But I think the problem with me is that the longer we are apart, the more I am losing sight of the "A" part, and just miss him, the person. I am feeling sad. Then I forget that we are apart because he shouldn't have started a new relationship (with me) because he is just starting his recovery.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

Hi Boo.

Now would be a good time to take up a new hobby. Try some cooking classes, read a long, juicy novel (a mystery, not a romance one!), or hook up with some friends. I know you miss him, but it will get easier. Meanwhile, you should try to stay busy so you don't focus on him as much.

Hugs,
JG
Old 09-14-2003, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
boo
Paused

Thanks Journey Girl...well, the hobby I was working on was knitting A this wool sweater that I started in the summer. I just finished it. Any other ideas?
Old 09-14-2003, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes. Date.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
boo
Paused

Smoke-good idea! I honestly feel SO uninterested in any other guy. I know that sounds nuts, but when I was in a previous relationship, at least I wasn't repulsed by the thought of someone else instead. So, this is a first The thing is I might be moving to Texas soon. Just waiting to hear back from some job stuff. BC is the pits for a f/t health care job unless one is a Nurse. I am sick of having 4 jobs that provide p/t or intermittent work.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
believer

OK, I'm thinking any hobby you take up should not have anything to do with your A. If you're not ready to date, then join a book club. There are soooooo many things you could be doing - like living your life. Right now, you aren't living. You've put your life on hold waiting for someone who does not want to commit to you. You guys basically had a summer fling. It's over. Time to at least think about moving on.

By the way, if he's in Texas, maybe you should look into moving to a different state. Being near him is definitely not good for you right now, and maybe it never will be.

Take care and hugs,
JG