Loneliness

Old 10-28-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I get lonely sometimes on Saturday nights when the kids are with STBX and I don't have plans. But it's also nice to have a night when I can cook things like salmon or lamb, things my kids won't eat. I was also lonely so much more when he was here.

Not to be trite, but I can't stop thinking about that song from Team America with Kim Jung Il singing, "I'm so ronery..."
Old 10-29-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Jadmack has me thinking how we humans peg ourselves into specific roles and situations and forget there may be better alternatives for us. I have finally figured out at 42 that I REALLY don't want to be in a "traditional" relationship with anyone. I have never gotten the peace and serenity I have always longed for except living alone. I love being with myself.

Coyote said:
the most lonely I've ever felt was with my wasted wife sitting next to me on the porch.
This is so true for me too. (Although I didn't have a wasted wife or a porch) being in a relationship with an alcoholic or drug addict creates loneliness, and bad feelings about ourselves. We think maybe our expectations are too high, and maybe they don't love us, etc.; but when you take the addicted person out of the equation, you realize it wasn't you to begin with. It is trying to relate closely with an addicted person that is the problem. I just don't think it is possible.