Monday Check In Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Thumbs up Monday Check In Thread

It's been a busy couple weeks. My Grandmother passed away on Friday, after almost two weeks in the hospital. Admitted for something simple, and things went downhill from there.

I start my new job today, so very grateful to have found one, and one where I don't need a vehicle....since I no longer have one.

I was served with papers this morning, after almost a year since I left/fled from my AH - now he wants alimony. I laughed out so loud I woke the cat up. LOL.

And...with all this going on, I'm okay. I'm grateful for the insight I've gained into myself this last year, it's not always pretty but thank God I'm changeable right?

How are you doing today?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

SW, congrats on the job. Been waiting for that good news from you for a while...you made my week!

Sorry to hear about your gram. Big hugs to you this morning
Old 10-26-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are making strides, Still Waters! Sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing.

I'm doing okay. We made it through the weekend and he actually drank less - in fact, he was sober when my son asked him to toss a football before dinner on Sunday. That made my heart smile. I'm still struggling to find my place in all of this but this board and the people here have helped me immensely.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
SW, congrats on the job. Been waiting for that good news from you for a while...you made my week!

Sorry to hear about your gram. Big hugs to you this morning
I've been waiting a long time to have good news!

Thanks GL!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whereisthisgoin View Post
You are making strides, Still Waters! Sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing.

I'm doing okay. We made it through the weekend and he actually drank less - in fact, he was sober when my son asked him to toss a football before dinner on Sunday. That made my heart smile. I'm still struggling to find my place in all of this but this board and the people here have helped me immensely.
It takes time, and patience, and forbearance. Etc.

Enjoy the small things, like that football toss - we tend to overlook the many little joys of the day.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I'm sorry about your grandmother, StillWaters.

I'm also sorry that you have more legal issues with AH - ugh!

On the bright side of this Monday morning: You have a job!

Congratulations!

Best wishes in your new career
Old 10-26-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Congratulations on the new job! I'm so pleased for you - good luck for your first day!

Sorry to hear about your gran though. :ghug3

And how could you disturb your poor cat!

Me? Well, I'm still changing...and that's a good thing! New house is starting to feel like home and I'm just about all unpacked. The cats love their new home and seem so much more happy here. Even the one who is most nervous has come on in leaps and bounds in the space of a month. He's getting really cheeky sometimes - I thought the move would have set him back so much! I am...content. Thanks for asking!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Isn't content wonderful???! I have to be careful, because what I day dream about is quiet, peace, and more quiet. I think if I'm not vigilant I'll end up a peaceful quiet hermit, and I don't think that's healthy
Old 10-26-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey, don't knock the peaceful quiet hermit life 'til you've tried it
Old 10-26-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Then maybe I'll try it, then if it's not healthy for me I'll change it! Change is good.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Having the ability to change (with courage, optimism, and laughter) is one of the solid gold tools in my recovery toolbox. I hereby bequeath it to you, SW (I have an extra )
Old 10-26-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I hope the first day goes smoothly - congrats on the job.

I had an incredibly stressful week and weekend. I am trying to take one day at a time.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I love this, love hearing/seeing all of you.

SW-Congrats on the job. And for escaping a lunatic. He can attempt to torture you from afar, but at least you don't live with that guy anymore. And yes, thank God you're changeable.

Thumper and Lavash, I appreciate seeing other folks with challenging days who are facing them with courage.

Give Love, I've started interviewing women I know you've made couragous changes. They're inspirational. It would be fantastic to hear your story as well. I mean, here you're a cheerleader and constant positive. I know that comes honestly, that you walked over many mountians to get here.

If you ever feel like letting us know you're story, I'd really appreciate it. You can say it was requested, if you're shy..

And me, I"m home with a very sick child which is stressful and trying to work. I'm feeling hopeful for the future though because I'm no longer going to self sabatage my writing career. Well, not today at least..
Old 10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I hope the first day goes smoothly - congrats on the job.

I had an incredibly stressful week and weekend. I am trying to take one day at a time.
One minute, one hour. Whatever it takes. Be good to yourself...even a quick little thing for you counts - maybe an extra few minutes under the hot shower with some nice smelling soap, or a special blueberry muffin.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lavash View Post
LOL at you LOL at waking the cat up! Alimony! ugh!
Congrats on the new job.

I'm not having the best day (emotionally) but am pulling through.
We are our attitude, so they say. When I feel that stress, or bad thought coming on I have to shove it away - force it gone. Think of good things, and concentrate on the positive. Way easier said than done. Some times I have a tug of war going on in my head: Ugh - oooo pretty flowers - Gah - sweet kitty - stupid (*^#&@ - hey! look at that rainbow!

Thank God no one can read my mind!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

SW-Congrats on the job. And for escaping a lunatic. He can attempt to torture you from afar, but at least you don't live with that guy anymore. And yes, thank God you're changeable.
Amen transform. Today I'm very grateful that I'm not him...and I've said before I wouldn't wish his mental illness and alcoholism on my worst enemy.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sorry for you loss and dealing with papers, etc.

Your attitude is awesome!

Sending hugs...
Old 10-26-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I admit - even though I KNOW he's nuts, I still go when I have anything to do with him.

You would think I'd know better by now, but it's...just so crazy. And sad.

But - there isn't a thing I can do about that. So, I think I'll concentrate on me and what my next goal is.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

StillWaters,
Your ability to feel such loss and yet still find humor in your AH's grab for alimony and pride in your new job is inspiring to me!

I have been struggling lately with residual anger over my XABF and my Xfriend. I find this anger slights other emotions and I just don't feel the positive feelings with as much intensity. I do, though, think I am adapting to changes a lot quicker and making the most of my peace and quiet.

Well, that's my update.

I know there are more of you out there....how's everyone else doing???
Old 10-26-2009, 08:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Aw Alice, it's been a rough ride for you lately. That stuff all hurts doesn't it? Depression blunts all other feelings, maybe you have a touch of it?

I'm just tired of being sad, I spent too much time sad and angry and lost and I'll be darned if I'm going to waste any more of my time on it. Sure life has its ups and downs but how we react to it makes all the difference. I'm FREE, and I'm learning. That's what's important for now.

Cuddle with your furry ones, that's what I'm fixing to do