Bad news

Old 10-23-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad news

Now that my AH's condition is "out in the open", versus something everyone knew but never talked about, I'm learning of more and more friends and acquaintances who are struggling with alcoholism. When my AH was in the hospital, my Dad gave me the number for the wife of a friend of his. She is an alcoholic, and my Dad's friend has been struggling with his AW's condition for years. He never really left her, but for a while he was paying for her to live in an apartment separately.

I called her and she gave me a lot of information on her own history. How she was thankful her Husband never left her, and continued to support her, but she knew her kids had told him to. She offered to talk to my AH, and talked about how she was doing really well. How important it was to get involved in AA and get a sponsor.

Long story short, I was talking to my Dad today and he said that she was getting a Naltroxene implant today. She had relapsed again - apparently the longest period of sobriety she's ever had was six months.