Friggin' Hilarious

Old 10-21-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friggin' Hilarious

Last night, I finally decided I didn't care what he did. Drink/don't drink - not my problem.

I came home last night - hoping he'd be gone since I gave him back his keys and credit card (that I'd taken from him a day earlier) as he said he wanted to leave - to find him still here. (sigh) But, I happened to notice his keys were on the counter like he was leaving them for me to take. I guess he thought I would take his keys again (which he would view as a good sign that I wasn't ready to kick him out) as he had taken the ignition key off the key ring. To mess with him, I take the keys and hide them even though I knew he had the ignition key.

This AM he comes to me and says he wants to go hit golf balls and I tell him so what and why is he asking me as he had his keys and credit card. He asks for some cash, so I give him enough for range balls. He goes upstairs and changes into golf attire, but doesn't leave right away. Finally, he comes up to me and asks for his keys back. I then remind him that I don't have his keys because he took the key off the key ring and probably hid it somewhere so I couldn't take it from him. After that, he sat there a good 5-10 minutes hanging his head. I had left the room and come back to find him still sitting there. He still has no idea where he hid the key. I've been chuckling to myself ever since.

His spare is somewhere lost in the woods behind the house. I've lost track of the number of things he's hid from me but then can't find again.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know about you, but I missed out on a lot of laughing for years! I lost a lot of my own goofiness and joy focusing on my XABF's addiction for so long.

How liberating to truly detach and just let the addict own their own actions and consequences. No need for your emotions to get tied up in all of it, right? Oh, unless they do something that is truly bonehead, then letting it tickle your funnybone should be okay.

When I had those first experiences of detaching and letting my XABF do his own thing and make his own way, it was freeing. I started laughing again at little things like silly commercials and cute things the pets did. I started opening up more and talking to those around me. It just made everything seem easier especially seeing the foolish things that my EX would do. I suddenly saw it as nonsense and attempts to manipulate instead of just hurtful and anxiety stirring (when did nonsense starting causing that anyway?).

Your recovery is showing, puckettcg! You are taking the steps that will free you to be your own person emotionally and spiritually. Bravo!!

Alice
Old 10-21-2009, 04:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Woo Hoo... love it!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep looking at the picture with NEW eyes can turn it from hellish to humerous.

I figure my ABF has so many items "hidden" still, that have never been found, that way in future someone will be coming across them at some stage. Bet they end up scratching their heads, wondering why anyone would put their reading glasses in the bottom of a plant pot????

Good giggle for the day.

God bless
Old 10-21-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

He still has no idea where he hid the key.

Wow! Short term memory loss for sure!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Humor is the BEST medicine!!! When I was able to start laughing at the insanity and myself... I KNEW I was going to make it... keep taking care of you. HUGS!!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

To quote Bugs Bunny--what a maroon.

I am hoping I get to where you are soon. I am sort of stuck at angry right now.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Wife2Kids, makes two of us. But I went grocery shopping and got a good workout climbing 4 stairs numerous times. I also had a nightmare where stuff was stolen from my car so I also got most of my stuff out given I am stuck in this apartment for a while and I am starting to accept it.

The exercise helped a little.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I can't say I'm totally past angry, but I'm getting there. And finding things to laugh about definitely helps.