The drama report

Old 10-17-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The drama report

Have I mentioned lately how much I enjoy my quiet and drama-free house now that the 21 year old daughter has moved out?

She stopped by earlier as I had left a voice mail for her to call me (my car was done at the garage and I needed to pick it up).

Although I don't particularly care for her current situation with the 28 year old boyfriend, and both of them living with his mom, I can honestly say it's been pretty drama-free as far as I knew.

Well, today I got the 'drama report'.

They went to visit friends across the street from me last night (former classmate of hers, the BF and a toddler).

The one fellow is currently on probation (been in jail several times) and is not supposed to be drinking or at bars.

So where did the guys go? To the bar of course!

To make a long story short, DD's BF ended up in jail last night for fleeing and eluding, wreckless endangerment, expired tags, and I have no idea what else. His truck is impounded. He's never been in legal trouble before, and he starts off with a couple of felonies, in addition to the rest!

I wouldn't trade my quiet life today for anything. Last night I did a lot of homework, then popped some popcorn and watched several episodes of American Gothic on the internet. I crawled into bed with my dogs about 3 am and slept pretty darned good!
Old 10-17-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

OMG don't you just love it??!!!!!!

We can watch from afar, say tsk tsk and go back to our peace and serenity.

If in one of your talks with your daughter if the subject comes up again you can give her the number or the meeting times for Al-Anon, rofl. Like all young adults, she's got to learn on her own (her case is different, lol)

I love that you are enjoying your peaceful home with your fur kids and NO DRAMA!!!!

Good for you!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 10-17-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love drama free! Its amazing how much you crave it after being in a drama tunnel for so long.

My D20 moved out as well this past summer to live with her boyfriend and his parents 3 hours away. Not my first choice for her, but I had to just let her go with a good luck and a smile.

I hear she is babysitting boyfriends little sister for free all the time. I am sure they love using her. But that is her choice.

I love the calm and quiet.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
OMG don't you just love it??!!!!!!

We can watch from afar, say tsk tsk and go back to our peace and serenity.

If in one of your talks with your daughter if the subject comes up again you can give her the number or the meeting times for Al-Anon, rofl. Like all young adults, she's got to learn on her own (her case is different, lol)
"Codependency" is a poo-poo word in her dictionary!

She was telling me the BF was out in the car, and she'd just drive down to my Nissan, and bring it home while he drove the other car back up here to get her. She said he was really in a foul mood!

OMG, I so do NOT miss being young, foolish, in lust, and living with drama!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Kudos to you for staying out of it!

I too have had my share of "excitment" for a lifetime.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
OMG, I so do NOT miss being young, foolish, in lust, and living with drama!
I agree. Except I could manage without the grey at my temples... and I do miss the lust bit sometimes.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I like to imagine myself sitting on a bench in the middle of an amusement park eating those sinfully fantastic funnel cakes and watching the roller coasters go up and down and all around.

I have been out of contact with my XABF a month now and it's bliss. Although, I do sometimes miss the big show to watch. Just have to get my fix with Netflix these days.

It's been a week since I've had contact with my friend after the big fallout with her so I guess that's another roller coaster I may not see fly by again.

DeVon, I'm delighted to hear you're enjoying some peace and still working at your studies!!

Alice
Old 10-18-2009, 07:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Buffalo,

The lust is fleeting...and you (at least I) feel a little foolish afterwards. But, I am still learning how to have a relationship. Wouldn't it be great if there was a class called Relationship 101 that everyone has to attend so we are all understand how to communicate in a healthy way?

XO