AH going to look for out of town job

Old 10-16-2009, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post AH going to look for out of town job

AH has been out of a job since April when he blasted his boss then got PO'd when she canned him.

He and I went to Outback tonight where he got a huge glass of scotch0hyj-0, and announced that he's going to look for a job out of town. Didn't know whether to cheer or do a dance. Kept quiet instead and felt truly sad. He's such a brilliant, ruined life. We came home, I went outside to take the dogs out, came back in 5 minutes later, he's passed out on the couch.

The AlAnon/counselor thing's going to be easier than I thought. Since Sunday I've been trying to work out in my mind how/when I was going to get him out of the house (because I can't live with an alcoholic husband and stay sane). Now I don't have to. It's also sad that this will probably be the beginning of the end of the marriage. But again, that was likely going to happen anyway for Tigger's sanity.

Also, I'm grateful that I won't have to continue to support yet another AH (I was married previously for 17 years to an AH who never worked).

Please pray that he gets a job soon. That the moving out and moving on goes smoothly, and that I find recovery in AlAnon so this never EVER happens again.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for the situation you are in tigger. It is sad to see someone you love and care about follow a path to self destruction. Good for you for following the 3 C's, and taking care of yourself. The love of God remains ever present for your H of course, and he will work miracles in your life too as you move forward. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers for you both, and that he will find a job far enough away for your sanity.

God bless
Old 10-17-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks all - and God Bless!:praying