Gratitude list

Old 10-16-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Gratitude list

I feel the need to list exactly what it is I'm grateful for right now - its been a while since I've done one! This is similar to the 'what I don't miss' list but is much more positive about the changes in my life so far.

I'm grateful I have a steady job that pays my bills and keeps a roof over my head.

I'm grateful to have been able to buy this house and to discover it is in such a great location.

I'm so glad to have my 4 fur babies who have settled in well into their new home! Nothing beats sharing a bed with 3 cats while the fourth sleeps under it...

I'm glad to have my mum. She has been a rock for me over the past few years.

I'm grateful to be making new friends and strengthening the ties to old ones.

I'm grateful for the chance to discover who I am and what I really want from life - even at my age!

So tell me, what are you grateful for today?

Last edited by bookwyrm; 10-16-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for my sister's endless patience with my freaked out phone calls.

I'm grateful for the beautiful weather at the moment. Cheers me up.

I'm grateful for having enough money in my bank account to be able to pay my mortgage this month

I'm grateful for my gorgeous daughter

I'm grateful for my therapist

I'm grateful that I survived the past 4 weeks. I know that sounds melodramatic, but I really didn't know how I'd manage

I'm grateful for having a chance to start over, even if it's scary.

And I look forward to the day when I can see my life in a more positive way. Soon hopefully.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am grateful for your post bookwyrm! It is a beautiful reminder of the possibilities for happiness, and that the simplest things ARE what bring contentment - like your peaceful new place and your cats and I know there's a stack of books next to that cozy bed!! ;-)

I am grateful for mobility. I had my first patient this week (I am in Nsg school) and she was young and paralyzed and depressed. I walked out of the hospital after 6 hrs and was overcome with gratitude for my legs, and spinal cord, and muscles all working properly. How often, as a woman, do I find fault with some body part, forgetting the amazing working miracle that my body is every day!!!??? So today I am grateful for my cells, and cell repair, for the earth's oxygen, for water, for mobility...for LIFE!

And for my two crazy cats who keep walking across my desk!

peace-
b
Old 10-16-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my friend, who just emailed me and asked, "What's the most beautiful thing you've seen so far today?"

And a thousand thousand other things. I firmly believe that if we do not show gratitude for what we have, the Universe will figure we don't need any more, and stop sending blessings down to us.

Thanks for this, bookwyrm!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just realized that the counseling appointment that I thought was tonight is actually next week...and I arranged to leave work early for it...and I have a busy weekend planned, so at the moment I am exceedingly grateful for having an unexpectedly wide open evening to get some things done I need to do and have time for myself to relax on top of it!

I'm grateful for having had a tough week with my kids to help me realize I need to slow down and do some work on my patience and spend more one on one time with them

I'm grateful for my dogs and kitties, who give me so much love and affection and ask so little in return

I'm grateful for my HP leading me back to a church and a choir so that I can spend time every week doing something I really love and making new friends

I'm grateful for my parents, who even though they can test my patience at times, have loved and supported me through this separation, and who are constantly doing nice things like getting shoes for the kids, or picking up a few groceries or paying a friend to put some hay in my barn. They are generous, loving people.

I am grateful for my health and my job.

I am grateful for my children, who help me see the world differently, who have forced me to be less narcissistic and more tuned in to the human beings around me.

I am grateful for SR and everyone who posts here. You are an important part of my life, my "friends in the box."
Old 10-16-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awakening

I get to service an account in a large pediatric professional building from time to time. There are lots of little kids with horrific maladies coming and going. I used to whine around because LMC had chronic strep throat for a few years. Not any more.

I am soooooo grateful for her strong, whole, healthy body, not to mention my own.

I'm grateful for our 20 lb monster kitty, LOTS of love there.

I'm grateful for my job. I love, love, love being out and about in the beautiful hill country every day.

I'm grateful for the two cool dogs LMC and I got to meet this week, the 3 legged one yesterday. And today, Mr. Curtis, a 12 yo beagle mix who let LMC love all over him. His dad was a college kid, told us this was his first dog 'cause his parents wouldn't allow him or siblings to have dogs growing up. He said he got him from a shelter only 4 years ago.......I know , do the math. Cool dogs and cool owners.

I'm grateful for the butterfly blizzard going on here and in Austin. Hundreds of thousands of orangish little guys, they are EVERYWHERE.

I'm grateful for "Vicky", the retired police car (Crown Victoria) who everyone thinks is STILL a police car!

I'm grateful for this precious child, who doesn't mind hanging out/eating at home on Friday night and playing/relaxing after a long, hard school/work week!

LIFE IS SO GOOD. My cup runneth over and I'm eternally grateful.

I'm grateful for you guys, I include you all in my prayers every morning.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My two precious sons (ages 20 & 16) even tho' one is away in college and the other lives with his alcoholic dad

My Mum who understands because she's an AlAnonian

My sister because she loves me unconditionally

My 2 dogs because they love me unconditionally, and because they're sleeping at the moment and not barking and chasing the sharp clawed and toothed playful kitten

My job because it pays the bills and I am appreciated there

My tiny house with its tiny yard that backs up to a creek and several acres of woods that someone else pays taxes on

SR.com's amazing, brave, giving, loving people

Health, for the most part

Lasik'd eye sight

Showers, toilets, heat and a/c

Green grass and blue sky, constantly varying artistic skies

Summertime visits to family and the mountains in the North East, and an occasional trip in the winter to ski

A car that runs, A kitten that purrs (or visa versa?)

C. S. Lewis' Cronicles of Narnia (the books, not the movies)

A decent education

Music

A full nights' sleep

Hope for the future
Old 10-17-2009, 02:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Wow, all your gratitude lists are awesome. Makes me feel all warm 'n' fuzzy!! We have so much to be grateful for.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

For being rushed at by grandkids 3, 5, 8, and 11 who nearly smothered me with hugs and kisses, when I arrived for master 8's birthday party.
Then I got another lot from them, and my daughters when I left.

Can still feel the buzz it gave me.

God bless
Old 10-17-2009, 03:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I feel grateful for my wonderful children,
I feel grateful for a paying job that means I can support the three of us if I need to.
I feel grateful for my health which is good,
I feel grateful for my family who love me no matter who I am or what I do,
I feel grateful for my friends, busy people to a (wo)man who would drop everything to help me if needed, whether that need be moving house or sharing a cup of tea
I feel grateful for the sunshine this morning, autumn is my favorite time of year (except for spring when its spring, winter when its winter, and summer when its summer LOL)
I am grateful for my house and garden for as long as I get to enjoy them
I am grateful for SR for a community of people who understand
I am grateful that my daughters chest infection is easing and that she wants to eat again
I am grateful for a national health system, which however flawed means that I will never have to chose between buying antibiotics or an asthma inhalor .
I am grateful for the oportunities of education and travel I have been given,
I am grateful for chocolate (too grateful ) and grateful that I realise that chocolate will not solve all my problems, even if I still want to eat it when I feel sad.
I am grateful that the inability to spell isn't a capital offence.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
mergirl

I just caught myself humming "I'm walking on sunshine" while washing dishes!!

* don't worry, I immediately cranked up the punk rock, it all going to be ok