Friday Check-In

Old 10-16-2009, 07:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Thanks GL for the thread!

I have to work this weekend, but have scheduled fun with my teens. This afternoon when I got off work, I picked up burgers on my way home. After eating burgers, we headed to the local theme park. We rode go karts, roller coasters and they visited one of the haunted houses (not for me - I love my sleep!) We will repeat this Sunday afternoon when I get off work.

One of our favorite things to do at the theme park is ride the junior rides and scream as if we are terrified! Sometimes we act as if we are going to puke. We have competitions to see who is the most extreme!

Tonight as we were standing in line for a ride, we were discussing our scratchy throats after screaming on a ride. I decided that is one of the things I like about our routine of riding junior rides and screaming - I release a lot of tension from my work day/life and have fun at the same time.

The weather here is finally cool enough for a jacket. It was great to be out enjoying the evening and having fun!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Youngest son turns 16 tomorrow so we're going for his driver's license, then out to breakfast or lunch. Find time to snuggle with Huck (my bishon-poodle) who is dear and loves me unconditionally, and licks my hand to tell me so.