What we don't miss

Old 10-16-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

Originally Posted by wanting View Post
And, this may just be personal to my AH, but I don't miss "music quiz." I don't care who sings this song, I don't care that you know who sings this song, I am bored, please shut up.
NOPE!!! I also got the year it came out, what album it was on, some personal history of one or more of the band members AND his personal feelings about the song if it had been remade by someone else!

TakingCharge....that reminds me of another one.

I DON'T miss being told over his dead body would I ever become fat.

If I want to be chunky then by golly I'm having ice cream for dinner and no one is going to tell me I can't!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hahahahahahaha! I got all the same music trivia too! LOL!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I got the Clash and him acting like he was still eighteen living in a bedsit in London.....Always down memory lane and acting out like it was still real...I hated that. We all like the oldies but goodies, but ad infinitum...move on, grow up. Lilly Burn x
Old 10-16-2009, 10:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I don't miss feeling that sick, panicky, scared, fearful feeling every other hour.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I don't miss the lies, especially the look you straight in the eyes and lie like a dog kind of lies.

I don't miss the sneaking around.

I don't miss being told that the reason I am being lied to and snuck around on is because "he doesn't want to hurt me."

I don't miss the begging for him to stay out of the bank account.

I don't miss the anger of finding out he has zeroed the bank account out (again and again)

I don't miss the frantic feeling of coming home and finding him gone. He moved out, so he's gone all the time. At least there is no expectation of him being here.

I don't miss trying to overhear his conversations or checking his phone bill to see if a deal is going down.

I don't miss the mean things he used to say about me to our neighbors, especially sure to say them loud enough for me to hear.

I don't miss him always trying to make me feel jealous. Even though he's an addict and 20 years older than me.

I don't miss the crazy hours of no sleep. I don't miss the wanting to be the "good guy" to everybody, even if it meant putting us into severe credit card debt, just to show everybody that he was "good" and I was "bad".

I don't miss being told that I need to tell him when to take a shower. Really? You need to be told when to take a shower? How about daily.

I don't miss all the things he said he liked about me now being all the reasons he uses as an excuse to leave me.

I don't miss being asked if he looks messed up and then when I answer truthfully, being argued with.

And I will truly glad when I no longer have to hear about how much he wants a divorce and how after leaving for one week he is already over me and our eight year relationship. Since it has now been six weeks, he must be on to wife number four by now. Amazing recovery on his part!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thank You For This Thread

I don't miss feeling like I'm not good enough, like I"m the one missing out because he doesn't love me.

I don't miss wondering what I did wrong and how to make it better.

Don't miss wondering what i did wrong and being terrified I can never make it better.

I don't miss becoming entangled in the madness and caring way more about him than I did myself.

I don't miss so much anxiety that I can't accomplish anything.

I don't miss waking up to his text messages going off, he's passed out on the couch and the woman he promised me he didn't care about and wasn't talking to on the other end. I don't miss reading his texts to her saying, "I miss you, you never left me,"

Don't miss living in a house knowing he brought that other woman into my home, made her dinner, wrote her poems while I was gone with the kids.

I do not miss his lies or convincing myself they are true.

Don't miss crying while he rages around yelling at me.

Don't miss not having milk for our kids so he can have beer, because he deserves it.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I want in on this.... will be an helpful reminder for later when I'm feeling weak.

I won't miss...

Being manipulated

Conversations in which I walk away shaking my head saying what just happened?

Empty liquor bottles all over the basement, in the pantry and anywhere else he decided to leave them

His attempts to control what he did not like about me, my business and my life

His hateful comments about my friends that he didn't like (the ones he knew supported me & want me to get out)

His sarcastic comments about my belief system

Us not speaking for weeks on end after a fight

Him snoring next to me after a long night of drinking, the stumbling around and waking me up. Him sleeping in while I do kid duty in the morning.

Never knowing if he's going to be in a good or bad mood, having to adjust my mood to his. Having to look across the room to my 9 year old & send him a silent msg to watch out.

Being scared that I can't buy food, gas, pay the bills

Being yelled at that I didn't pay a bill and something got canceled. Him yelling louder & getting madder at me when I point out there is NO money to pay said bill

Him starting a fight with me, ripping into me for 45 minutes and then expecting me to say I'm sorry for the wrong I have caused him. And when I refuse to apologize the hell that we live for the next weeks. I eventually always come back and say I'm sorry. Won't miss that AT ALL.

Him getting mad b/c I don't have sex with him enough. Hearing that there must be something wrong with me that I don't walk around all day wanting him. All his ex's wanted to do him all the time, what's my problem?

Him being angry. At me and at everything

Being blamed for everything. Him never taking responsibility.

Feeling crazy.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

I won't miss the way my heart would sink every time the phone rang....wondering if it was him on the other end wanting a ride home from the bar. If I say no, he'll be angry and we'll fight. If I said yes then I'd be upset and we'd fight.

I won't miss the questions. When's he coming home? IS he coming home? Who has he been out with? What did they talk about? Did he think about me? Is he seeing all these other girls drinking and when he comes home is he going to fight because I wasn't there drinking with him like the other guys' girls were? Will he have drank so much he'll pass out?

I won't miss him monitoring my finances....how much was my check, how much was each bill I paid, what happened to the rest of what I had left after paying bills. Won't miss the fights when I refuse to give that information out.

The insecurity and "obvious" attack every time I stood behind him watching him cook my favorite dish or something I've never seen or had before. I want to see how it's cooked--not nit pick at what you're doing wrong!

I won't miss my kids sitting at the table for hours on end because there are starving kids in Ethiopia. Some people like breaded, deep-fried chicken gizzards....my kids are not some of those people!

Being second guessed because it's not the way his mother did it.

Him not letting my kids talk to me because they didn't say "ma'am" first. I'm their mother, not their drill instructor.

Only have one or two pieces of chicken with dinner. If I don't want three, I don't want three! Oh wait, there's starving kids in Africa so I have to have three.

I won't miss sneaking through the grocery store. Can I bypass the aisle that has the beer in it too?

I won't miss him. I won't miss the few loving days, the fightless nights. The smiles, the laughs, the problem-solved conversations. I won't miss the sober him.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I don't miss dreading when he would wake up, not knowing what mood he would be in.
I don't miss watching what I said incase he would take it the wrong way and flare up.
I don't miss being threatened.
I don't miss being emotionally abused and made to feel as if I was going insane.
I don't miss not having any money because it was all spent on alcohol.
I don't miss that disgusting "garlic" morning breath.
I don't miss watching him pour his first glass at 6am.
I don't miss the word "drink" that would be part of almost every sentence.
I don't miss the pity parties and the "woe is me" attitude.
I don't miss the anger in his voice and the cold look in his eyes.

I don't miss anything from his drinking days.