My struggles are over!!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My struggles are over!!!!

Yesterday, some 6 months after my divorce decree - my struggles are finally over and done! We finally settled our marital property division. A long battle to the very end, and I actually grew to hate my XAH's attorney more that I hated him! She was a first-class witch.

So, he's paid off, and I still have my beloved home. I stuck to my guns, right to the 11th hour. My kids still have their childhood home to come back to when they are grown with families of their own. He was held accountable for the debts he incurred and I wasn't held responsible for any of them. Nor was I ordered to pay him maintenance. I am completely free from him!

My XAH whined like nobody's business to get enough to support him for quite some time. He really pulled out all the "neediness" he could muster. Essentially, he lost his mommy!

No shame for what he'd done to his family, no making amends to any family member. That is expected, as he's not working a program, no AA and no recovery.

BUT, I have a clear heart and mind, and no longer have the weight around my neck or the problem lurking around the next bend. I'm free! And it feels wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats!!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I have some legal struggles ahead of me, so this gives me hope. Sounds like you really stuck to your guns.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel relieved just reading your post!!
Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Enjoy--
b
Old 10-10-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glory be.

I can cross that particular prayer off my ever increasing list. It is answered in full.

Now I hope for great peace and happiness for you and your family in the wonderful years ahead.

God bless
Old 10-10-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Time to do the happy dance!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Fantastic!!! Time to celebrate!

Old 10-11-2009, 03:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

that is fantastic good news, trying to survive. i am also delighted that you got to keep the family home in the forest. i remember when you decided to leave, even if it meant losing your home. and now, you still have it.

i pray that this is the wakeup call for your sick husband, the finality of losing his home and his family....perhaps he will now finally hits his bottom, enter true recovery and heal.

my hats off to you for pulling it all together and arriving at this new place of freedom for yourself. bravo!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Great new T2S!!!!!!!!

Now I can move you to the 'general' part of my prayer list. <vbg>

Thank you for posting this also as it gives those of us here that are still 'in the process' much hope, and shows them that there is LIGHT at the end of the tunnel.

Now onward and upward with your new life. How exciting!

Love and hugs,