Almost fell for it!

Old 10-10-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
aka Glenna :)

Almost fell for it!

As I posted earlier in the week, I re-opened my divorce case from AH on Monday that I had let sit for over a year, always hopeful before that things could be worked out.

So I get a message from AH telling me that he loves me, wants to be with me, wants to work on the marriage, etc. He wanted to see me tomorrow and come to my place, and in the end I am ashamed to say I did agree to meet with him.

That is...until I found out that 5 minutes after sending me that message he was sending messages to various women on a dating website where he has a profile posted.

He still thinks I am going to pick him up tomorrow morning, because he apparently didn't get the message back that the only place he will ever be seeing my f**king face again is in court.

Yes, I'm hurting a lot, but grateful to God that I was able to find out the truth before getting sucked in again. Of course, it was something I should have known all along and shouldn't have been weak in the first place, but sometimes it takes a whack upside the head, I guess.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cath1029 View Post
So I get a message from AH telling me that he loves me, wants to be with me, wants to work on the marriage, etc. He wanted to see me tomorrow and come to my place, and in the end I am ashamed to say I did agree to meet with him.
Shame is a waste of time and energy. This would be a good lesson on 'words vs. actions.' I always used to listen to the words. Then I started paying attention to the actions. Actions you can believe, words not so much......

If you are not sure you can ignore the words, stop listening to them. Don't listen to/read the messages.

L
Old 10-10-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
aka Glenna :)

Thanks, and you're right. I really need to calm down. My boys are here tonight, and inside I am so upset I feel like my head is going to explode. Of course, I'm just as mad at myself as I am at AH. I want to enjoy my night with the kids though, not sit here fuming. This sucks!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Yeah! You have the guys over! That is wonderful.

Enjoy your evening!