pbs tv parks series

Old 10-09-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
pbs tv parks series

Did anyone happen to see the show on Tues evening, where they were talking to (my guess) a bystander. He was describing how this couple were capsized from their canoes about 35 ft after getting launched, in this Arkansas river. The man went for the cooler, the interviewed man, went for this guy's wife. (what... someone else has a guy like this, let you flounder & save the cooler!!!) Then it turns out she had given birth to their 1st baby, 2 weeks prior. This was a trip to celebrate this occasion. Wonder who thought this one up, lol. The further I am away from a misaligned relationship, the more I see...
Old 10-09-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Been there, done that, saved the cooler from sinking and let the woman go down with the ship so to speak. I'm an incredibly selfish and self-centered alcoholic.

I watched the National Parks show all 6 nights. It was an amazing experience to see the masterpiece that God has created, I'm looking forward to visiting some of those places as I age gracefully in sobriety.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My husband (and brothers, and sisters, and father for that matter) would all let the cooler go and save the people.

Not all alcoholics fit a stereotype like that.

One of my best girlfriends celebrated the birth of her daughter by climbing a fourteener (a 14000+ peak). Never can tell what turns people on....
Old 10-09-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unbelieveable. But believable.

I live in Boston and during all the hoopla here after Sen Kennedy's death I just kept thinking-- this guy was wasted, drove off a bridge, saved himself, and let a woman DROWN!!!!! How did he get away with that!! (I mean, I KNOW how he got away with it, powerful family etc) but was it like the whole state of Massachusetts was in Denial and not willing to see that his was the action of a problem drinker trying to protect his own a**? And it bothers me how alcohol is rarely mentioned in the reports....It's outrageous.

Alcohol abuse kills. And not just the alcoholic.

b.