He apologized.

Old 10-03-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeah, people can be able to realize they're doing something wrong, and be sincerely sorry about it-- but not be strong enough to change. My former husband apologized to me too. He absolutely meant he was sorry about the past. He also regretted the pain I would experience in the future when he continued the behavior. Accept and detach...
Old 10-03-2009, 09:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Whoa Nelly
My former husband apologized to me too. He absolutely meant he was sorry about the past. He also regretted the pain I would experience in the future when he continued the behavior.

Thank you.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

"Sorry" is just a word, and unless the person apologising shows by actions that they are sorry, then it remains just a word. No more and no less.

God bless
Old 10-04-2009, 11:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well it's pretty much a guarantee that I'm not going to see him again for the next two weeks! Any time after that I will do everything in my power to never see him again. I hadn't even realized the peace I'd found until he corned me at work the other night. It was anxiety, anger and overall insanity in my heart all over again. Like not a day had passed, let alone three months. It's a yucky feeling, but I'm much better now that it's over and the threat of running into him is no longer looming...

And Ago I'm pretty sure I have some rollers in my bathroom that would fit your hair nicely, for the future, ya know? Hit me up...
Old 10-04-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Crazy4Him View Post
Someone please tell me why I feel BAD for not accepting his apology?!
For me, I wanted an apology because at that point in my life...words and words alone could heal. The word "sorry" would make up for any shortcomings, mistakes, or malicious actions done. And then it would happen again. The thing is, I've never gotten an apology from my wife. At first there was resentment, but now through my own progression in my recovery I'm glad that she hasn't. I struggle daily with the fantasy that an apology changes everything and hits the reset button to my life before the alcoholism. The point is: if I was in your shoes and I felt bad for not accepting an apology, it would be because I had just found out that my fantasy is not true. Fortunately, the reality is better if both sides are working a program. Even if you're the only one working a program, you will get better and he can just be who he is.

In my life and relationship, what's more important to me now is the amends that we are both making to each other. No words, only actions. I still fantasize that there's a reset button somewhere around this house, but I can't find it. What I can do though is be the best man I can be today to make amends for who I used to be.