Long week...

Old 10-01-2009, 08:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long week...

I went from a nice paycheck that would have qualified me as full-time at the job to no work for 2 1/2 days this week.

I completely stressed out over the damned online 'virtual lab' activities for my practicum I had to have done by midnight tonight. One I got done after 2 hours of muttering not so nice words, squinting at tiny print on the damned instructions, and generally just wanting to get through it. The other one never did work for me properly.

I realized today my heart hurts. I miss my youngest and how it was not so long ago really. I did stop up where she babysits today just to give her a hug and tell her I missed her. She's changed so much, and not for the better. It sucks, but she's got to do what she's got to do, you know? It's just hard to see her sinking deep into codependency, and losing her sense of self, her beliefs and morals being tossed aside.

The good thing is I finally had my nails professionally done this afternoon, and what a treat! I feel all girly!

My pain level on my degenerative disc disease has ramped up the last couple of weeks, so I did see my doctor on Tuesday, and we've adjusted some of the medications. I am trying to look at the positive of having 2 1/2 days off work to rest my back, and get caught up on homework.

The Nissan goes in for some repairs tomorrow morning. Dad offered to pay for the tuneup and an oil leak that will be fixed. I'll be footing the bill for new brake pads and rotors, but I'm a regular customer and they are willing to let me break that up into a couple of payments.

Sunday I'm taking some 'me' time, away from home and school work. I'm going to meet up with my folks for eats and to see the newest Imax feature at the Cosmosphere. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((( DeVon )))
Hang in there through this tough time. We love you.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending you hugs. I'm glad you are taking some time for yourself.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((((hugs)))))
glad to hear you have something fun planned soon (the Cosmopshpere! beam me up!)

There are weeks when I feel like life is just unrelenting misery....and I have to look for the tiniest bright spot to get through a day...I hope some bright spots come your way soon!

peace,
b
Old 10-02-2009, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's about balance, and I think you are balancing this nicely with some you time tucked in there too.

You inspire me with all you can handle at once, but you tire me when I think of all the work required. I think you are younger than I am, so hopefully your energy level is a bit higher too.

We're walking with you here, I'm the one in the bunny slippers lagging a bit in the back

Hugs
Old 10-02-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think the balance tipped in your favor there at the end with good eats and an Imax movie.

So sorry you are missing your girl.

Your life has blessings despite the many challenges. That's living life on life's terms, right?

Stay positive!!

Alice
Old 10-02-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((DeVon)))

Sending you lots and lots of hugs and prayers, sweetie.

Amy
Old 10-02-2009, 01:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Here's a whole bundle of hugs and of course prayers have been ongoing for ages.
I can't believe it is a whole year since I found SR, and OH my God, what a year it has been.

I came here in DESPERATION and found INSPIRATION, and a lot of that I got from you my dear DeVon. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

Sometimes I read your posts and just go WOW, read others and I think "what the heck am I bellyaching about?"

Like you say, you have this 2 day break to spend resting and concentrating on YOU.

Enjoy your Sunday treats to the MAX.

God bless
Old 10-02-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I would just like to say I have been pouring over Fundamentals of Health Care Quality Management today, and have had to take plenty of breaks as to not fall asleep face down on the text book!

Apparently the Nissan won't be done today, so I hope I can pick it up tomorrow morning, or my Sunday plans are out!