OT -- Seems I found a new place!!

Old 09-25-2009, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cool OT -- Seems I found a new place!!

I saw other 4 apartments during my lunch hour, every time being told I needed to have a co signer and there was no way around it...

I felt beat down again....

It was time to go back to work and I parked somewhere, next to me was a building with a For Rent sign, I called and asked for an appointment. They said in my case I would need to pay 200 USD extra for backup and that was it for the deal! No 3rd party needed!!

2 hours later they showed me the place, 4th floor, next to a school so there is not that much noise after hours... I heard a dog on the apartment next door but its little and it didn't bark that much... (nothing like the growls I'm hearing right now!!) .. it is well kept and seems safe.

It is the same price I am paying at the moment and at walking/biking distance from my job. I can go there and eat or rest during my lunch hour!

It is well lit... (at least more than others I have seen) and has 3 bedrooms, enough for my family to visit...

The best part is that the building's "terrace" is open, and I can do yoga early, staring at the beautiful open sky I always liked!! afternoons are often pink and orange, or purple... and no one can look over there!! (well perhaps from some buildings but they are far away)

I can paint there too... or just read and take some sun or see the stars on a sleeping bag. I am already planning buying my bf a sleeping bag too, some flashlights, have good books and spend an afternoon there... for our next half year anniversary, cook something new and have dinner at a little table upstairs with one of those covered candles and music.. we wouldn't be bothering anyone....

It doesn't seem anyone has the great ideas I have LOL

Ahh I feel great, I mean this kind of stuff is what life is for, to plan great moments and enjoy them with good company! I recall all those wonderful sunsets when I was totally miserable. Well I am taking them back !

I will sign the contract tomorrow... and they may give me the keys the 1st... the funny thing was that there were others interested, and I WON by 5 minutes!! after me, another girl came in and asked... while I was leaving a couple was looking at the sign and calling.. .while the ladies that showed it to me told them "Sorry it just got rented" ahhh I'm so happy I can pay for a place like that.... honestly I tried to save and get a cheaper one, but they were quite depressing. I love it I can choose how to spend MY money.

Thanks for the good vibes!! have a good weekend everyone!!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

By "Good books" I mean Garfield cartoon strips.

Its funny how I have moved from place to place
1 My home city, fantasy land
2 First home with xabf, quick sand, seeing his reality
3 Second home with xabf, even while moving things already sucked, awful times
4 Rescue from a friend, I was MISERABLE after the break up.
5 Current apt, healing, new friends
6 New apt, only bf, family and cat allowed, on the "other" side of work so I know I won't be running into xabf plus enabler often anymore.

I feel blessed, I was remembering how it was when I left his house, my gut feeling told me RUN, RUN, RUN and I recall asking God to keep this one far far away from me, my prayers have been answered.

After I moved here my previous company lost a contract and ALL my friends lost their jobs. I would have lost my job too if I hadn't moved motivated by xabf.

I ask for healing tools and discover dance lessons, am given a kitty and a great man literally knocks at my door.

There is someone lurking around my current building, (he crashed some car's windows and stole, and I saw him staring at me from the ceiling of the building!! how did he climb up there?) more noise here and I am "pushed" to seek another place that feels safer and more peaceful (please please God, hopefully it is!)

Hard not to feel Someone is looking after me. I feel blessed today.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

THAT'S FANTASTIC !!!

What an uplifting post, TC!

This is almost a literal occurrence of the say "when one door closes, another one opens." Soooo coool.

I'm so happy for you. Looks like you and the kitty have some packing to do. You'll be unpacking your things in your new home in what, oh my, a week! and just when you'd lost all hope.

Miracles happen every day.

Alice
Old 09-25-2009, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

LOL itsmeAlice. I will only be in my little old yaris with the cat, like a small version of your Great Move, LOL

I wanted exercise, now I will be moving stuff from a 3rd floor to a 4th floor. My god. Better buy some vitamins... the good thing is that the current landlord is cool so I know I can "transition" as it is convenient...it does not have to happen in ONE DAY..

Soon you will be posting a similar one, its me ! a home just for you and the furry ones!!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS!!! i hope the new place is peaceful and amazing...you deserve it!

Old 09-25-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go, TC!! I knew the right place would get in your face when it was time. I'm glad you seized the day.

GL
Old 09-25-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

TakingCharge:

Just the post I needed to read tonight, after a long, stressful week of finding my new little place in the world.

A little background-ABF and I have decided to live apart while he and I pursue our recoveries-him in AA, me in Al-Anon. Where he is living is within walking distance of work andthe 3 daily meetings he goes to.

We have been to hell and back (and who knows if there's a trip there in the future) and I knew there was no way I could stay in our current place-aside from the good and bad memories here, I have an upstairs tenant who I swear, has brought a herd of elephants into her place and they run up and down, up and down along with her kid, her dog, 3 cats, a tankful of fish and a ferret. Drives my dog nuts daily, nightly and all points in between. The place is rundown now and isn't too close to town-public transit is infrequent. It's a busy road with lots of truck traffic and very noisy.

Well, in looking for a place, I found what I thought was the ideal place but my new landlord was rather unscrupulous and to be honest, had ulterior motives-he was quite upset when he found out that I did indeed have a boyfriend-they met one night and neither one liked each other. So, based on that, the new landlord had "red flags" and balked when I requested that we sign leases and the like and bottom line, 2 weeks before my move, he backed out of the deal. OK, I had booked movers, done all of the things you do when you move, this place had been rented, so I was left scrambling badly.

All of this week, I have been looking high and low - had to be pet friendly, near a bus route, in a decent part of town. I scoured Kijiji, craigslist, our local papers and lists from Property Management Companies. Nothing suitable, or the places had been scooped up.

Yesterday, had an interview with a property management lady-she reminded me of "George Costanza's" mother on the old Seinfeld show, she asked dozens of questions, was concerned, almost obsessed about me not working, in spite of me showing her alternate income, a good credit score and the like, she was almost insinuating that ABF was going to be living with me (he came with me to the house showing), is spite of me and him telling her that it wasn't like that...it was quite the interview.

After that, yesterday was a pretty crummy day for me and I was feeling pretty down on myself, going crazy, wondering where I was going to live. So, I went back at it today - different company, different places. Went in to look at one place and ended up looking at another-it was ideal for me and my pup-in a good neighbourhood, near the water, quiet, near transit....it was perfect. SO, filled out the application without the interrogation techniques and the lady promised that she would let me know 1st thing on Monday. Well, I'm looking at another place at 4pm-the property management office calls-they expedited my application and I am the proud renter of the place I was meant to live it. After I hugged ABF and danced around, my cell rings-it's it's the George Costanza mother look alike-they could not get hold of my landlord, so they would have to wait till Monday-told them that my current manager did it and I had a place! I wish I'd been there to see her face fall!!!!!! After that, 4 other prospective landlords called-they all wanted me.

But, I got the place I wanted, the one I was meant to be in.

My higher power was there with me, all of the time, guiding me to this place.

What a way to end the week!!

SO, TC, you and I both have our new little corners of the world, all as it was ordained to be.....
Old 09-25-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Ahhh how nice... thank you for sharing.!!

Although I am nervous I also like to arrive to a new place... clean everything... choose only what I like ... start decorating.. or saving for decorations....

No memories whatsoever there... ahhh another chance to start anew. Whewwwww...
sometimes I feel in a baseball yard.... and its going SAFE base after base !!!!!

I hope I can finally settle and relax and build my schedule... it feels as if my soul is just arriving after a year lol.

HUGS!!
Old 09-26-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

To you both, TC and Linkmeister, Congratulations and best wishes for peace, joy and much pleasure setting up home in your new places.

Alice posted: ((when one door closes, another one opens))

Very true, but sometimes I think we can be so obsessed watching that closed door, that we do not see the open one.
You saw the opening and walked thru it, as you were meant to.

God bless
Old 09-26-2009, 08:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
To you both, TC and Linkmeister, Congratulations and best wishes for peace, joy and much pleasure setting up home in your new places.

Alice posted: ((when one door closes, another one opens))

Very true, but sometimes I think we can be so obsessed watching that closed door, that we do not see the open one.
You saw the opening and walked thru it, as you were meant to.

God bless
So very true, Jadmack. I was so down on myself, so stressed about not finding a place, never mind the right place that I let it blind me. When I walked through the door of the realty office yesterday - the last one my list, that's when all of the doors opened for me and I found the place I was meant to be in.

Heck, my current landlord called me last night, wondering about the calls for a reference for me-told her the situation - she told me this place hasn't been rented yet and if I had not found a place, she would have had no problem letting me stay here till I found one.

My Higher Power was there all of the time guiding me toward where I belong.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

YEAHHHH!

I just came back from signing the contract and on Tuesday they will give me the keys. I can barely believe it, I am so happy, now moving all this week, etc... but I won't worry about that now

I am starting to love my life, finally I will spend a whole year in one place and no one will kick me out, and no one will make me prefer to stay in an hotel LOL

*****oooooooooo I am finally Someone...

The landlord was a nice old lady... but very conservative and she asked me if I was married LOL so I said yes and tried to hide my hands in case she looked for a ring.... down here they live in the dark ages!! what does my status have to do with anything?? but whatever... ahhh I'm happy and excited to move... it will be tiring but a good exercise and I will finally be able to RELAX...

HUGS!! I loved your comments about "where one is meant to be" and "where we belong"...