Fooey. So much for detachment.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Fooey. So much for detachment.

Is this a codependant slip?

Drove H to pick up his car--finally! We dont' have to share a car anymore.

He told me when I picked him up that he wasn't doing anything tonight except preparing for the kids to come over tomorrow at noon.

My oldest wanted to stay the night wtih him alone, without his little brother.

"Can't," he said. "I'm meeting Don at 8pm at the bar."

He's been calling me, texting me and reassuring me he's NOT engaging with his affair partner. Why, I'm not sure. We're seperated. I've caught him so many times it's stupid. And besides, he may believe what comes out of his mouth, but the guys a genetic liar, that's what his actions have taught me at least.

We fought on the phone. We fought in person. He drove over here to try to reassure me. He called and left a voicemail while walking to the bar assuring me he's not seeing her tonight, he doesn't want to see her, he is really just going to meet Don.

Yesterday I didn't care. Today I did get hooked in and yelled at him. I recovered and stopped answering the phone, but did seriously think about spying on him.

I think the best thing I can to is turn off this computer and go watch old Batman episodes with my kids. Turn off my brain. I can worry about him later, if I want.

PS) I am also worried about going to write about a band tomorrow. I'm always worried about running into that woman, she's a bar fly and the local music scene here isn't that big. But I have to work! And it's country music, that should make me cry even if she's not there..
Old 09-23-2009, 06:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I think it's about honesty in general. Drinking like this, being an alcoholic and continuing to drink anyway when it's killed your family and life, you have to live in denial to continue it. Build up a fantasy.

Me, I was demanding he get sober ( I know stupid of me) so he went out and found someone to drink with him that "accepted" him.

Now I just see the two of them as sad sad human beings. I met someone last night, the bartender at the bar they both frequent, who told me they call her "the w***" there because she's broken up so many relationships and marriages.

Great. That's who he decides to hook up with? Ok Pal.