Thank you!

Old 09-18-2009, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Thank you!

I'm not the most open, caring and sharing member of this forum but I do want to say thank you to everyone here, past and present.

Its been a little over a year since STBXAH moved out. His drinking had increased massively in the year before he left as had his verbal and emotional abuse. I was devastated, depressed, angry and in so much pain. You all helped me work through the last two years without my going completely insane!

Looking back, I can barely recognised the person I was. And I'm still changing. Next week I move into my own place and can finally cut all ties with STBXAH. I'm moving out of my comfort zone, signed up for night classes, meeting groups full of strangers! I'm rediscovering who I am and its actually exciting!

The divorce will be finalised soon - all the paperwork is signed. I had thought I would be upset about it - after all we were together for 18 years - but I'm really happy to finally be divorced!

I do have a counsellor and I have read a lot of self help books that have all helped but listening to the personal stories and collective wisdom found here has helped me on a daily basis. I'm here reading at least twice a day and don't see that stopping anytime soon. I get so much from reading the posts: from those by the 'old hands' (who really have what I want); to the newbies where I can recognise some of my own history and all the others like me, trying to make sense of their lives.

So thank you, everyone. I am so grateful to have found this special place. It is life changing.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I really appreciate the wisdom you share in your posts.

I'm glad you are part of our cyber family!

Thank you for sharing about your progress. May your journey be blessed!:ghug2
Old 09-18-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that. It wonderful to hear the stories and how lives have been changed for the better. It's inspirational, and I think to myself, "if she can do this, so can I"! Big hugs!!! (and thanks for the motivation to keep doing what I'm doing!!)
Old 09-18-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cool

book you read my mind!! I was also going to post a thread.

I was "ready" to leave SR for a while when I got involved in several work projects with EX abf... it was like "yeah you think you are over this.. think again!!"

So for still being here for me when I need you!! There is so much strength here. This is the best site ever.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend or remember to do something nice for yourselves!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((((bookwyrm)))))
It's great to be on this journey together!
I love hearing about all the positive changes you have made in your life.
peace & continued strength & courage!
b