Ah, the memories...

Old 09-17-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

"God please help me let me go of my need of pain, and help me accept the joy in my life just as I accept the sorrow" today's paraphrasing of "the language of letting go"
Old 09-17-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
He is saying "if you have any problem let me know" I guess if he even performed his job correctly, they do some changes at 9 pm at night after business hours and my team lead and me always joke that we do not trust his work at all as he probably is drinking some or working from the bar.... we even use the "cocktail" icon in MSN to refer to him... probably not respectful but there are some moments that are so tense it feels great to make light of it and know others NOTICE REALITY... ok vent finished
yes, noticing reality...i wish i had done a bit more of that before i let myself get too involved with xabf!!! even listening to a few of his friends who asked me "do you know what you're getting yourself into?" i thought they were just joking around, kidding because i thought he was just a partier. i didn't know how out of control he was...but if only i had listened to some of them in the beginning perhaps i wouldn't be where i am now.

what is it about us??? WHY can't i just see this guy for what he is instead of romanticizing him? to anyone else it seems like it's a no-brainer. they all wonder why i'm having such a hard time letting go because to them he sounds like an alcoholic with too many problems that i shouldn't want in my life. why can't i see things so simply??
Old 09-17-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I guess its difficult because we are young and drinking is more or less standard... I myself had not known any alcoholic before him...

So it was not my job to "prevent" he was not a social drinker like me or other friends...

Anyway queenie... you did not answer...what is the best next thing you can do NOW? and what kind of plan would really excite YOU?

Also perhaps, something to look forward to.. think of your favorite singer or group and see their concert schedules and go to one... even if its in a diff country... that takes work, saving $$ etc but what the hell...? for instance I have never seen Bjork live and I would love to... you got to admit traveling for a concert is a cool thing to do I am a fan of traveling alone...

If we got a similar musical taste we may even meet up somewhere, that'd be nice! and give ourselves an Ex Codie High 5 lol

Hugs thanks for your support today!!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

what is it about us??? WHY can't i just see this guy for what he is instead of romanticizing him? to anyone else it seems like it's a no-brainer. they all wonder why i'm having such a hard time letting go because to them he sounds like an alcoholic with too many problems that i shouldn't want in my life. why can't i see things so simply??
Because we are just like them. They romanticize about the drugs and the alcohol and all the other addictions like doing these things are having great times. We romanticize about them like they are great people to have in our lives. Everybody around us can see how horrible it all is, but we can't.

It's all the same; we're all the same. Obsessing about what's in our minds, and not what is real. We operate the way we operate automatically, without thinking. It is not until we begin to become conscious and aware that we can start to see and stop all this obsessing.

You are getting there. Going to Al-Anon will help get you there faster.