Scared and starting to panic!

Old 09-16-2009, 11:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post

A bible verse helps me. Do you want me to share it?
I do
Old 09-16-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Venice,
I would not have brought up a spiritual prayer had you not asked what "Let go and Let God" means. ..
I'm not a bible thumper but I wanted to answer your question w/ truth and honesty.
I hope I don't offend anyone. I only did this becuase you asked.

How do you "Let go and Let God?" . . . pray to God and say " I surrender this battle
to you that has come my way, I give this situation to YOU God to handle, it is your
battle to handle, not mine, I trust you that YOU will handle this FOR me becuase
You don't lie and You say You are in control and I ask for strength and wisdom to see
me thru this trial. Help me to have 100% Faith and Trust in YOu that you will
guide me, hold me in your arms, comfort me, and God, just show me my next
move. Thank you ahead of time becuase I know you're hearing my prayer
and it WILL be answered. Help me to walk by Faith and not by my feelings
or by what I see. .. Just help me to completely Trust you God becuase
you created me and you have good plans for me and You love me
becuase the BIble tells me so. Help me to know that you will NOT forsake
me EVER and that you are always with me thru the valley of the shadow
of death (temptations/trials). Thank you for your Grace. Amen
Debs
Old 09-16-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I know this is way more than you probably wanted to hear Thumper, but here it is. I added how it helps me. Maybe you will get one little idea out of this that will help you too. I hope so. Thanks for letting me share.

I copied the following off the internet 1 Peter Chapter 5: Verses 6-10 (I took the verse numbers out so it’s easier to read the sentences).

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time while you throw all your anxiety upon him, because he cares for you. Keep your senses, be watchful. Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour [someone]. But take your stand against him, solid in the faith, knowing that the same things in the way of sufferings are being accomplished in the entire association of your brothers in the world.
The way these 5 verses help me is:

(1) I TRY to be humble. It's not easy because I'm rather independent and abrasive with people. I try to be gentle by remembering that God is so much bigger and more powerful than me, and He wants me to respect that. This helps me to:

(2) When I am worrying and obsessing and crying, etc, I imagine a picture of my small (humble) self standing there with my worries and pain (usually a picture of a person and a giant crackpipe) in my arms. Then I picture the very large OPEN hand of God comes down through the clouds. I imagine myself THROWING all those people, places and things, as hard as I can, into God’s hand (Not just placing it, or just handing it over, or dropping it, but THROWING it). I ask God to please take these things from me because I can't handle them. And He does. Then His hand folds around them and goes back up through the clouds and I turn around and walk away.

(3) The next two sentences about keeping my senses about me and the Devil being like a lion help me because it tells me that the problems I am having and the addictions and alcoholism of so many of my family and loved ones is SO MUCH BIGGER THAN ME.

That when I lose my senses and get all crazy, I am taking on something that is not between me and the person. It is between God and the Devil. The Devil is hurting me and these people and I have to get out of the way and let God do his work for those people. My job is to stay alert and recognize how the Devil hurts people, and stay away from those things and keep those things out of my life as best I can.

(4) The last part helps me IMMENSELY because it reminds me that I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE going through this and everybody in the World is suffering from the Devil lurking around trying to devour people. That makes me think about those little kids who are AIDS orphans in Africa, and the little ones in Southeast Asia who live in the sewers and are STARVING and rooting through garbage dumps to find something to eat. This makes me feel grateful for everything I have and all the people in my life who I love. Like my family and friends, and you guys on SR because we are doing all this together.

I know this all sounds corny. I have never shared a bible verse with anyone before. I hope you don't think I am weird or anything.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It doesn't sound corny at all. Thank you for sharing. It all helps me.

I think in words and have never been a very visual person but I'm finding it really helpful to have some imagery right now and so your sharing of that part also helps me to get my own.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Deb42,

Thank you so much for your post and for giving me the benefit of your experience. Everything you said in your post is true. I reread it 4 times! I'm focused and staring STRAIGHT ahead as Learn2Live recommended. My AH is definitely in massive denial and has not given any hint whatsoever that he accepts any responsibility for what's happening now. You mentioned my AH feels invincible and yes, that's exactly how he's behaving. Yesterday he was extremely insulting and verbally aggressive towards me in front of 2 of our kids and he actually seemed happier for it. Every day, he's looking for a confrontation. The sooner our living arrangements are finalized, the better off I'll be. I hope it will be done by next week.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Learn2Live and Deb42,

Thank you for sharing your ideas on how to "Live and Let God." No, I don;t think you sound corny or weird, Learn2Live! Like Thumper, I liked the imagery you provided and I will be able to use that too.

Although I was raised in a religious home, I don't practice my religion but I think I believe in God so I can incorporate that into trying to "Live and Let God". I had a very bad evening with my AH's verbal abuse yesterday so reading your posts today is comforting and I'm already feeling better. Thank you so much my friends!