Standing strong and then the phone rings..VENTING

Old 09-12-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I grew my wings to fly...

Standing strong and then the phone rings..VENTING

Frustrated isn't the word. I have moved on, not with great success but with great caution. I have put the AXBF in the back of my mind (he will always have a place in there, he helped mold me into what I am today... yes I am giving him some credit, as if it wasn't for him leaving me I would have never stood on my own two feet,.. although I did all the work on ME)

THEN... 2 nights ago the phone rings. I don't look at the number, and lo and behold it is his voice on the other line. Mind you, I didn't really recognize it. (sad). He was so DRUNK it made ME sick. He had read the newspaper in my town (he lives 1000 miles away) and he says he does every day to make sure I am ok (how would a newspaper tell him that? It it had my name, I would NOT be ok.. right!) Anyway, the news reported that a young man was killed and he was calling to see if it was anyone related to me, or a friend of the family. (I live in a SMALL town) I told him what it was about, a close friend of my sons was killed in a car accident, and he started crying said he wanted me to move away from here and be with him. That he was so worried about me.. on and on.. blah.. blah.. blah.. a call beeped in and I said, I will call you back... and I hung up. A minuet later the phone beeped again and I answered it, IT WAS HIM!. He said, you didn't call me back (which I had no intentions on) I said, I JUST hung up with you. He was like.. OH.. then he started an onslaught of how he was/is going to kill himself because there is nothing in this life left to live for (mind you, he just found out that a close family friend was killed (my family not his) less then 10 hours beforehand and I had been crying all day) I said to him, Please GET HELP, ADMIT YOURSELF INTO THE HOSPITAL.. and he went on and on how I screwed him over.. the phone beeped again, I said I had to go as it was the family of the boy that died calling, he wouldn't stop yelling.. I hung up on him... no goodbye, nothing. (I have NEVER done that to anyone before) He didn't call back...

Then last night I started getting an onslaught of text messages from him telling me that there is nothing left of life, he was killing himself, that there is nothing worth living for... THEN about 10 minuets went by and he text again.. well I LOVE YOU and YOU are the only thing to live for, but other then that f this life. I did text back telling him to go get help. He text back saying I was evil.. etc.. (see, back and forth from I love you to I am the antichrist).

VERY frustrating. Makes me happy that I am not involved. (although I did respond).

He does text me every other day to just say he loves me... weird all these months later..
Old 09-12-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

How about not answering his calls or returning his texts? How about changing your phone number? As long as you keep dancing, he'll keep playing the fiddle.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unless you're getting something out of this contact, freebird, you've got to find a way to stop this from happening. You CAN block his number. With some cell phone companies, you CAN block his texts. Google "blocking text messages" and you'll find suggestions for individual companies.

The question is whether you're ready to let go of that sickening drama or not.....that's really up to you. Hugs to you to find the way that's right for you