Withdrawing from codependency

Old 09-18-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Don't forget the SR arcade is open 24/7. Time to polish your hand-eye coordination skills?

Hang in there. You're doing great.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Oh, I know the feeling of empty pockets. I'm paying off an old tax debt and made a big deposit to the taxman with my last payheck. When all was said and done, I had $15 and still needed cat food and some other groceries to get me throuh another week until next payday. I went off to the store with my sad little bit of cash, a few dollars in quarters out of my change jar, and a list of items (with cat food at the top) that I was hoping to get.

Well, even with the quarters I had to leave a couple snack items at the register. My waistline will thank me later anyway. The lady was sweet about taking the items to put back. I didn't spend all my change, though. The lady asked if I was alright when I was looking into my little sandwich bag of change. I smiled back up at her and said, "Looks like enough left for coffee and a donut...life's good." She broke out into a big grin and said "That's the way."

I bet she sees a lot of folks paying for groceries with their stamps and spare change these days. It's an epidemic of hand to mouth living.

You and I will be allright Cath. We are living tight because we are doing everything humanly possible to get ahead of our big financial bumps in the road. Like you said....This too shall pass.

We are here and for now we have what we are supposed to have....a supportive group that wishes us less than health and a happy home. We can do this, one baby step at a time.

Alice