SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Happy News (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/183747-happy-news.html)

MissFixit 09-04-2009 02:47 PM

Happy News

Hello,

I have good news. I am moving into a new place and just got a puppy today! Very exciting. Trying to pick out his name.

Miss

Bernadette 09-04-2009 03:00 PM

Oh my!!
CONGRATS!!!!! How awesome....what kind of puppy?
Very, very exciting.

Wishing you all good luck & much joy in your new home!!
peace,
b

MissFixit 09-04-2009 03:03 PM

Hi Bernadette,

I am moving into my new home on Tuesday, and it is only a few miles to the beach!! The puppy is three weeks old, so I don't get to pick him up for a few weeks but he and I met today. He licked my thumb and it was love. He is a smooth red dachshund mixed with a little black on his ears. I have his photo, but have no idea how to put it on here.

MissFixit 09-04-2009 03:04 PM

This is him.

Taking5 09-04-2009 03:18 PM

I love dachshunds. My neighbors had 2, a boy and a girl, named them Hanzel and Gretel.

suki44883 09-04-2009 03:19 PM

Upload the pic to a service like photobucket, then use the image code to post it here.

MissFixit 09-04-2009 03:24 PM

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3351/newpuppy.jpg

TakingCharge999 09-04-2009 03:26 PM

WOW!! Close to the beach? WHEN can I come?

Furry companions are the BEST...very healing!! whatever happens and however you feel..they are there loving you and making you laugh.

Great news Miss, I am really happy for you, have you picked up the basic colors for decoration? Well I like to pick 3, 4 colors and then buy towels, doormats, etc to combine :) its so great to have your own place!!

MissFixit 09-04-2009 03:30 PM

Thanks TC.

Not painting as I hope to buy something within the next year. I have linens and such already, but will be happy to get my stuff out of storage!

bookwyrm 09-04-2009 03:36 PM

Awwww, what a cute puppy!!

Congratulations on the new place - it sounds wonderful!

GiveLove 09-04-2009 05:02 PM

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

MissFixit 09-04-2009 05:32 PM

Okay.

As far as names go, what do you guys think of Marvin or Charlie? My grandfather was Marvin. He is no longer with us, but he would have found it funny.

TakingCharge999 09-04-2009 05:40 PM

I like Marvin :)

ItsmeAlice 09-04-2009 06:43 PM

Oh my heart skipped a beat when I saw him!! What a looker that one. I would totally go with Marvin. If it doesn't fit his personality when you get him home, you can add a middle name and his friends can use that. All my pets have a first, middle and last name. LOL!

What a wonderful way to start a new chapter in a new place than with a new companion to make memories with!!

WONDERFUL NEWS!!

Alice

MissFixit 09-04-2009 07:04 PM

Thanks Bookwrym, Givelove, Alice and TC! I think he is adorable too. I am trying not to get giddy about him, but I am so excited for us to live together. I haven't had a roommate in years.

Suddenly I feel lighter and more spirited than I have felt in months.

I am moving back to my old area, but to the town next to my old town. It is on the coast and I can't wait to get back to sea level. Marvin and I will be able to walk on the beach. Oh, I wish it was time to pick him up. I just went to meet the pups today with no plans to get one. Oh, well. I am not that tough.

ElegantlyWasted 09-04-2009 07:12 PM

Adorable... Thanks for sharing. Big smile!! Is it just me or does he look just a little bit like an otter?? My GF has a Chow Golden mix. We call him GO CHOW....

MissFixit 09-04-2009 07:27 PM

EW,

Thanks. He is colored like an otter for sure! Since he is only 3 weeks old (not even) he doesn't really look like a dachshund yet. His nose will GROW. When I first saw him and his siblings, I thought they looked like hamsters!