OT-Lost my cat Ella

Old 08-26-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT-Lost my cat Ella

The last 2 weeks have been rough. I have been working day and night to get the house ready to sell--it went on the market yesterday. Ella goes out but always comes home, always. She did not come home last night. She was not outside the door this morning and she is not here tonight. I am sad and afraid she is gone. I know this sounds dumb--but I feel pretty broken right now with all the crap that has gone on with stbxah and his family and the way they are treating our older DS. I am an emotional mess. I am exhausted because stbxah did absolutely nothing to get the house ready for sale, took the kids this weekend and there was an incident and I am still not sure what took place. Just know DS tried to call and ah and his sister took the phone away from him. This is a boy who has emotional problems and was in crisis and they verbally abused him and would not let him call the one person who can make him feel OK. I am trying like heck to get things straight so ah and his family stay away from my kids.

Having Ella disappear right now is just the straw that broke the camels back. I feel so overwhelmed by the grief of everything right now. My marriage (if that is what you want to call it) is over. Everyone is now coming out of the woodwork to tell me all the stuff ah has been doing. I feel like the wife who was the last to know--but in this case it is cheating with drugs and booze.

I am doing the best to hold it together for the kids--but losing Ella right now on top of everything else is just hard. I get pretty attached to my critters.

Going to bed and hoping her furry face will be at the door tomorrow morning and my attorney will call me and help me get the kids away from ah and his clan for visitation.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wish I was there to hug you in person. I'm sorry Ella didn't come home, and I will be praying she shows up for you. :ghug2 :ghug2
Old 08-26-2009, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have no idea why cats do that. It's as though they want you to miss them because they know they'll get extra kisses and snacks when they come home.

Even the farm cats I used to watch over would be short a cat once in a while. I would most often find that they were holding vigil near a bunny nest or gopher hole all night. Guess, they lose track of time like everybody else.

I'll pray she comes home to you safe and sound.

Alice
Old 08-26-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Our kitty Hank was always good at sensing discord, and it made him nervous, so he disappeared for a whole seven days once. When he came back I wasn't sure whether to kick his furry butt or hug him senseless. He had found a nice house a few doors down that had a great covered patio and REALLY good cat food....convinced them "I'm just a poor poor stray!"

Just to say: Sometimes they are just fine, just somewhere else for a while. Here's hoping that Ella stops worrying you and comes back soon.

I'm sorry for all you're going through. Can you make it so that the kids don't have to spend alone time with AH?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My cat Boris was gone for ten days and I was sure the coyotes got him.

I searched in all the bushes along the road for remnants of him, maybe his collar.

Then one morning there he was looking at me through the patio door.

Don't give up yet on Ella, ok? I know....you sure don't need anymore losses. So hold on and maybe she is just having an adventure. I pray so.

xx
Bluejay
Old 08-27-2009, 01:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

I'm hoping she returns home soon. :ghug3
Old 08-27-2009, 04:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

My female was gone five days recently. She's never ever gone overnight. I thought she was gone forever.

One morning I got up and she was staring at me through the window.

Cats are....unpredictable.

I hope Ella comes home soon.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No furry face yet this morning--and it is could and rainy. I hope she found a place to stay warm.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear about Ella. Can you ask the neighbors to check their sheds and garages to make sure she isn't stuck somewhere? My friend's cat was missing for 3 weeks - she was stuck in the church across the street. And my cat went missing for 6 months, then turned up as if nothing had happened.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My cats are strictly indoor cats and have been so since they were kittens... but what I know from friends is that their cats go out and wander a bit and then come back like nothing every happened.

I hope Ella shows up soon.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ella was an indoor cat until my kids got old enough to hold the door open and yell--MOM. She always took the chance to dart. After climbing under the next door neighbor's minivan so many times I finally said--fine. I can't get the kids to stop holding the door open and I can't get her to stay in. She has always stuck close to home and would always come running when I shook the food can.

I called the Humane Society to see if someone brought her in or called her in. I was going to print some flyers and put them around the neighborhood. Maybe someone will see her and maybe they are the ones who took her in. . . I have asked the neighbors to keep an eye open for her and told them I left the door open. She is very affectionate so if they do see her they said they would scoop her up and put her in the house.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ella is home!!! OK, bawling my eyes out. STBXAH just called (he has the house from 9-5 during the week because he is self employed). He said Ella is home but hurt--it looks like someone shot her through the paw. He is taking her to the vet right away. I wish he could act this caring about all of us all the time. OK, not important now. Right now I am just thankful she is home and he is taking her to the vet right away.

Thank you for your prayers and hugs. I am going to call the vet to have them microchip her while they are at it and TRY to get her to stay inside. I am going to call the camp older DS is at to let him know. He went to bed crying last night because he was afraid she was never coming back. Then I am gonig to the vet.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it wife2 I hope they get her paw all cleaned up and send her home.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

What a relief! Hope she heals up soon.

My 4 cats are indoor cats right now. I've just spent a fortune at the vets getting them vaccinated and chipped. When I move they will probably want out since I am downsizing and it really worries me.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((((((((((((((((((((ELLA))))))))))))))))))))))))

hope she is on the mend soon!
hugs to you too-
b
Old 08-27-2009, 11:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

The vet said it was a puncture wound that went all the way through her paw and it looked like another animal bit her. I am just happy she is back and safe. I get to go pick her up after work
Old 08-27-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I love happy endings. Well, mostly happy endings.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

That Ella! She's full of vinegar, as they say in my home state of West Virginia
Old 08-27-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am so glad your Ella will be back home this evening. I have two cats, last night I was sure one of them was stuck out in the storm because when I called for her she didn't come. This morning when I woke up she was staring at me from the foot of my bed, she'd been inside the whole time .
Old 08-27-2009, 01:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Can so relate... Have two myself a
amazing how they become part of the family.
Sending out some karma for you...