OT-Lost my cat Ella

Old 08-27-2009, 01:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am glad she found her way home, even if not totally unharmed, and that she will be ok.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm so glad Ella was found and is going to be OK. I have Joey, she was sent to me by heaven. She is my sanity and my serenity. She has been through EVERYTHING with me these last five years and her softness, her purring, her kisses, and her sweet sweet smell have gotten me through it all.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I hope your tomorrow is better, and your furry friend shows up. I get all tied up in knots when my cat Sophia goes missing for a morning, or an evening, or sometimes a day or so. It's what cats do.

I was just thinking that, with all our trials and tribulations with our human companions, it is our animals and their constant attention that can sometimes provide us with the best solace of all.

Good luck to you and your kitty.

Electa
Old 08-27-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Honestly, my little furry boy has been a huge source of comfort for me.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Still Waters--did you buy those sheets to match your furry boy?

It is true Electra--the comfort my dog and my cat provide me is beyond measure. My mom would get dogs and then get rid of them. I still remember when I had a brown dog named Rufus and she waited until I was gone for a week on a school trip and when I came home Rufus was gone. I was devastated. He got me through many nights when she was halfway through a bottle of scotch. Once they are in your heart (and how long does that take-5 minutes) they are there forever. When I finally got my own apartment I got a cat--weirdly named Carl--weird because she was a female. My niece must have been watching too much TV when she stayed with me for 2 weeks because she started to call her Kitty Carlisle--some of the "older" people here will know who that is. It just got shortened to Carl. She lived to be 19 and used up 4 of her lives but always came back fighting. Then I got a brown dog who wound up being best pals with Carl. He died a couple of years after Carl. Ella came on the scene 5 years ago and was tested by DS to make sure she was childproof and she is. Always came back to DS even though he carried her under the arms. Always sleeps in his bed with him. I added another brown dog to the family a year ago.

STBXAH never had a critter when he was younger. It sounds like they had a family dog but he was about as well taken care of as the rest of them. He can never understand why I want to have pets. It is true that I find solace. Ella can lie on my chest and purr on a cold and rough day and I feel better. My dog is a total goof ball so it is hard to stay in a bad mood when he is around. He is a clown but also a leaner--the best kind. I took both kids with me when I picked Ella up from the vet--even they were relieved she came home. I have gone to the same vet for over 25 years and I love the people who work there. I could hear them in the back babying Ella. Isn't it amazing how you can tell your cat's meow from another? My son perked up right away and I had to hold onto him so he did not go into the surgical area. He is one happy boy tonight as is his mom. DS is sleeping with the dog so he does not get lonely so I can sleep with Ella downstairs since she is having a hard time walking.

Even in the short time STBXAH has been out of the house a new feeling is in the house. Yes, there is still some anger and crankiness--that is expected. But everyone is happier and relaxed. I feel like we are a family-complete with our bella Ella.