Okay, it's almost impossible to throw me into panic mode...

Old 08-23-2009, 11:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
I looove online courses....except chemistry.

I actually even liked math courses online, with only the exams in the classroom.

You know...you may want to invest in a backup modem....
I love the online classes too! What I had to learn was to discipline myself and my time because these aren't at my own pace.

I darned near flunked chemistry in high school!

I just got a brand new modem last month. I think I'm good to go for the last two semesters.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think it's so cool that your doing this!!! I'm 41 and hoping to take some courses... Here's to being never to old to learn!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

BTW, MIT has a huge inventory of online study courses.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((DeVon)))

You will do this just fine. I think you're just having "OMG I'm almost done" jitters. You know how we are....we don't DO change well, even when it's good!!

I remember when I couldn't wait to get through with nursing school, then when I got close to the end, I panicked, started thinking "OMG, now I actually have to get out there and DO what I've been taught!!!!" You're way ahead, though, because you're already got the job.

I'm so proud of you!! I am waiting for my first essay to be graded, then will submit another and that gets me done with the first semester! I'm so used to getting my grades the instant I put the multiple choice stuff in the computer, this waiting is killing me!!

Enjoy the funny movies, remember to breathe, and take some breaks...they really do help!! You've got a pretty good sized cheering team out here, cheering you on, and I'm saying prayers that the courses go smoothly and you and yours can manage to stay healthy to get you through this.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-23-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

After every Calculus 2 exam, I just KNEW I had failed it. I had to wait till the next class to get my grade.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My online courses, so far have been all multiple choice. As soon as you hit "submit" it gives you your score. I keep checking my school's sight, hoping someone may have been bored and decided to grade my essay this weekend? It's only been 10+ years since I've written an essay, it was only supposed to be 4 paragraphs long and you would have thought I was writing a novel.

Sound familiar ((DeVon))? All these things we think we'll neve get through...we just keep plodding along and getting through them after all. You are still my inspiration and I'm really proud of you.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-24-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cool

I flunked chemistry in high school AND university

And I would gladly flunk again, anytime

We have a saying down here, about being old, I will do a very lousy "translation":

"Me Old? Older are the mountains, and they grow green over and over again"
Old 08-24-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
My online courses, so far have been all multiple choice. As soon as you hit "submit" it gives you your score.
That's the way most of my unit tests are. In the coding class though, there is multiple choice, and there are also things to code and put in the text box. Those are the ones I have to wait for the instructor to grade.

I also have my finals proctered by the guy who runs the adult education center here at the high school. That's nice not having to go on campus for the finals.

I think you hit the nail on the head in your earlier post when you were talking about the OMG, I'm almost done!

My life has been full of half-finished projects! Neither rain nor sleet nor hail, nor my drama queen 21 year old or my 31 year old AD shall keep me from my goals!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
proctered always sounds so..........naughty to me.

Well, if the guy who is proctoring was good looking, I might consider it naughty too, but he's not.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
proctered always sounds so..........naughty to me.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well, I am feeling much better now that I have my 3-ring binder all organized, with my clearly labeled separators, and all the printouts for each class. My text books arrived via UPS late this afternoon, and I got them all out and drooled a bit (I love love love learning).

I've been reading the student introductions in all my classes , and every single one of them is working full-time *insert sigh of relief knowing others are going to be studying like mad on weekends too*. Oh, and I was looking at due dates for finals, and out of 7 classes, I only have 3 final exams!
Old 08-24-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

yay!

I'm living precariously through your 3-ring binder Freedom
Old 08-24-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm jealous. My essay STILL hasn't been graded, so I haven't sent in the 2nd one. THEN, I just discovered that I have to do a proctored exam for the semester, too. I get to choose the proctor, so am thinking of choosing one of my supervisors at work who used to be a school teacher and is pretty cool.

THEN I have to wait until all this is graded to see if I can go on with the 2nd semester. Darn it, my average, right now is 95. I WANT to be studying as things at work are really really bad.

How 'bout sending me some of your old stuff, ((DeVon))...I'm going crazy not having anything to think about other than work.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy