An update from the sunny California shore

Old 08-18-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mergirl

An update from the sunny California shore

I am here, away from there, long at last. The weight of the world pretty much instantly left my shoulders as I pulled in to my new town. I miss the (ex), and I worry for him now and then, but not to excess.

My living arrangements are all over the place, my financial worth is nil, but I have the spiritual freedom to explore.

I think our souls demand the space to grow, and that when you are living with someone who makes you hurt it is harder to find that space.

I have stopped surviving and started travelling on my journey through life. I have to say, it was totally the right thing to do
Old 08-18-2009, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

yay!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Lisa, I hope this is just the start of a beautiful new beginning for you, you deserve the very best and so much more.........

Friday, August 21, 2009

You are reading from the book Each Day a New Beginning

With each new day I put away the past and discover the new beginnings I have been given.
—Angela L. Wozniak

We can't recapture what is no more. And the minutes or hours we spend dwelling on what was or should have been only steal away from all that presently is. Today stands before us with promise. The opportunities for growth are guaranteed, as is all the spiritual help we need to handle any situation the day offers.

If today offers us a challenge, we can be grateful. Our challenges are gifts. They mean we are ready to move ahead to new awarenesses, to a new sense of our womanhood. Challenges force us to think creatively; they force us to turn to others; they demand that we change. Without challenges, we'd stagnate, enjoying life little, offering life nothing.

We each are making a special contribution, one that only we can make; each time we confront a new situation with courage. Each time we dare to open a new door. What we need to do today is to close the door on yesterday. Then we can stand ready and willing to go forward.

This day awaits my full presence. I will be the recipient of its gifts.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey © 1982, 1991 by Hazelden Foundation.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Lisa,

I can't find the smilie to express what I am feeling after reading this post. If I could it would look like this

Crying Plus Happy Dance Smashed together

Would equal me crying happy tears and doing the happy dance just for you!

Peace and Hugs!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gypsy Feet View Post
I think our souls demand the space to grow, and that when you are living with someone who makes you hurt it is harder to find that space.
I think that is my new favorite quote!

All the money in the world can't replace spiritual richness, my friend!

:ghug2 :ghug2
Old 08-18-2009, 11:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Its so good you are finally out of a toxic situation! Congratulations!