SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Well that was a kick in the teeth... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/182127-well-kick-teeth.html)

Freedom1990 08-10-2009 01:32 PM

Well that was a kick in the teeth...

I just called my boss to see if they had any work for me yet as I'm now on day 3 off, and I can't afford it.

I do know the server was down through Friday, and that puts the coders behind in finishing up July.

She said they didn't have anything yet for me, apologized, and said that was the best she could do.

I wanted to cry when I got off the phone. Instead I'm going to focus on the matter at hand, which is taking a sick dog to the vet in a bit, and having a bill I'll have to pay on the installment plan.

Thank God I have an understanding vet. I'm going to focus on the positives, and not what I'm not getting today.

jehnifer 08-10-2009 01:46 PM

Oh hang in there Freedom. It will get better and try to have faith that God has a plan for you. Just do the next right thing and everything will work out like its supposed to

Hugs to you!

bookwyrm 08-10-2009 01:46 PM

:ghug3

Hang in there! I hope your sick dog gets better soon.

Freedom1990 08-10-2009 01:51 PM

The good news is I think I've finally found the right combination of meds to deal with my chronic pain from degenerative disc disease and sciatica that returned with a vengeance after 2 weeks doing only filing at work. :)

I've actually felt well enough to look at my house, which definitely reflected my pain level (chaos/clutter), and started getting things organized. I actually cleaned out my closet in my office and am feeling pretty good about it.

Astro 08-10-2009 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 (Post 2326404)
I've actually felt well enough to look at my house, which definitely reflected my pain level (chaos/clutter), and started getting things organized. I actually cleaned out my closet in my office and am feeling pretty good about it.

I love cleaning our house. Actually mopped the floor twice over the weekend. I must really be sick or something. Maybe there's a 12-Step program for that, NFA, Neat Freaks Anonymous?

Sending some hugs your way DeV :flowers1::grouphug: :hug:

cmc 08-10-2009 02:19 PM

(((DeVon)))
I hope that you'll be back to work soon and that your doggy is feeling better.

Still Waters 08-10-2009 02:46 PM

They'll have more work for you soon, I have faith.

Freedom1990 08-10-2009 03:11 PM

Well my Miss Bug has a very bad UTI, but we're armed with high-powered antibiotics. She's my special needs dog in that she has systemic lupus. At least she's still eating well, and I'm sure will feel even better in short order.

I managed to get my good bookcase drug from another room into my office over the weekend, sorted through books, and have a box ready to go to the secondhand store here. I need to organize my books I'm keeping now, and my school text books. :)

I'll start my Intro to Data Processing and MIS on the 17th.

Bernadette 08-10-2009 03:28 PM

LOL I was thinking the same thing anvil-- yeah don't look at all that's NOT happening right now - go look in the miror at that fabulous hairstyle and give that gal a wink!
good luck - peace
b

Freedom1990 08-10-2009 03:42 PM

Ahhhhhh, yes! I am a platinum blonde again! *grins*

DesertEyes 08-10-2009 07:44 PM

Hey there DeVon :)

Sorry to hear about the job. It's nasty all over. My lady is having much the same problems, on registry with 5 different hospitals and having a heckuva time adding up 20hrs a week. Last month she had to go out of town cuz there's just not enough work around here.

Awesome news on the med "recipe", and congratulations on taking care of _you_ by following up with the doc until you got a good recipe. and yes, that new "do" is just awesome. When you come to Vegas to visit I'm going to have to keep the guys away with a stick ;)

Mike (((( hugs ))))

Freedom1990 08-11-2009 04:57 AM

Yipee! The boss just called. I'm heading to work this morning in a bit! :)