I need a hug today...

Old 08-05-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Awakening

(((((DeVon)))))) congrats on 19 yrs. Sober is sooo much better! I get these kind of days from time to time, used to be every day! They really make me appreciate the good days.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
cmc

****** DeVon }}}}

Congrats for you wonderful recovery...and I hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

:ghug3

You've come so far - hang in there!:ghug2
Old 08-06-2009, 02:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Faerie

19 yrs is so inspiring!!!

Sending you a big Faerie hug from Australia!

Much Love xx
Old 08-06-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
so how goes the Life Of Leisure? thinking good thoughts for you today (well ever day, but today especially) and hoping you and the doc find some solutions and get you all better!!!!
Unfortunately I had sciatica get me up during the night several times. It's comparable to a flamethrower in my left hip/down into my leg.

I just had a series of steroid injections into the old tailbone back in June, so I can't do that again for 6 months.

The doctor and I are definitely going to have to come up with some solutions or this job is really going to cripple me good before I finish college.

I'm trying to keep my chin up today in spite of it all. We had a really nice hard rain this morning. It's been up past the century mark again, so that was very welcome.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
ooooooookkkkkk, i see we are going to have to work on your definition of FUN and LEISURE???

dang honey, i wish i could DO something!!! fix it, make it better. so much for my bright idea of sending you some of our nice WARM weather!
It was 103 yesterday, thank you very much though for the thoughts of 'warm' weather!

Other than seeing the doc today, and picking up my paycheck, I have no plans other than to be perfectly lazy at home in my nightshirt with my zoo crew!

Oh, and finally finally finally, after I've been in this house since 1995, the landlord got busy, hired a couple of guys, and the exterior is almost completely repainted, rotten wood has been replaced, all trees have been trimmed in the back yard, window frames have been repaired, and I'll be getting another clothesline post (the top snapped off of one from rust) so I can start hanging laundry outside again! The dogs are having the time of their lives continuing to dig in the already enormous hole out there where the old post/concrete was dug up.

It's kind of like living in a new place.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

After I got done at the doctor's, I ran a few errands and then stopped by a lady's apartment who is also in AA. I told her to get dressed, and I was treating us to authentic Mexican food today (El Dos De Toros)!

So now here I am at home, belly entirely too full of good food, had a delightful time/conversation with my friend, and am ready to kick back for the evening.

I'll have to get a picture of the infamous hole when Sissy is busy digging to break through to China
Old 08-06-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

When we are weak we can be strong. Big hug!!!!!!!! for being weak to be strong. Big hug for being strong now. that makes 2.:-)
Old 08-06-2009, 03:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I ate Mexican for lunch today. Great minds...