Alice did you do this!?!?!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

TC, sounds like you are taking was life has to offer! That's awesome.

It's not just about getting out on your own, right? You've been there longer than I have (4 days for me. LOL) Once you get there you have to keep your heart and arms open to what HP needs you to embrace and it seems you are doing just that. Cancun sounds like a blast!

Peace.

Alice
Old 08-05-2009, 12:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That sounds exciting. Go for it and don't look back!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(((Lisa))) - It looks like the plan, now, is to have everything happen so fast that you don't have time to second guess anything?

I am SOOOO glad it has all come together, that your dad agreed to pay off your car, and mostly that HP has decided it's time for you to move away from the ex.

Breathe, left foot, right foot, and repeat...you'll be just fine

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-05-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Amazing posts of HP working in our lives, thanks for sharing and GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-05-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

LOL anvilhead, I was also like "ah yeah, I climb rocks impromptu on a daily basis too"

You are right itsmealice, it sucks when you got so much inside your head and heart but when FINALLY something moves inside, something is processed/accepted, there is some peace and space.. its totally filled with new stuff and new hopes and dreams and a sense of YEAHHH THIS IS WHO I HAVE BEEN ALL THIS TIME AND WHAT LIFE IS REALLY ABOUT and you realize you have missed yourself and accept the many gifts coming your way and say "hey really? for me? all this.. for ME? thank youu" and more keeps coming

Great lessons on faith lately...

What an uplifting thread, I think Alice's good vibes are "infecting" SR
Old 08-05-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
mergirl

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
can we go back to the "unplanned rock climbing" part again??? what? you were just driving along, do di do, and saw this huge granite formation, and pulled over, kicked off the heels and SCALED it?
You are SO SILLY! Only pair of heels I have ever owned were the boots I got married in, nope, never mind, I borrowed those from mom. I own work tennis shoes, gym tennis shoes, hiking boots, slippers and flip flops, one pair of each

A friend and I were supposed to be going for a brisk hike. Unfortunately a second alpha male decided to tag along (hey man, lets go to the top of the falls before heading back!), and well, put two of them together and try and keep up and you get one sore chick!!

So my boss made the call today, but I have to wait for the other sup to call back. I was a basket case for about 1/2 a day, but walking 12 miles in 98 degree weather will knock the crazies right out of you! Thanks everybody for the posts. I feel like living proof for all of the spiritual, unseen force kind of thoughts right now. Really glad for takingcharge, alice and Tena getting some of the raining joy as well, I don't want to hog it all!! Tonight my wish is for this good fortune to be contagious, and these great forums be a means of having it spread.

I Love you people
Old 08-05-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I think the Universe is in your favor! Amazing, isn't it, how it all comes together — often when we think we've fallen into the darkest hole.

SO HAPPY the sun is shining on you!

Congrats! (keep your thoughts positive, and your eyes on the goal. The small stuff in between will fall by the wayside for you!)
Old 08-05-2009, 05:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
It indeed is The Secret, happening right in front of us. Crazy stuff, and wonderful
Ho hum....I'm not even surprised! JUST KIDDING!

But I do believe THIS is exactly how it's supposed to be.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Gypsy Feet View Post
I don't want to hog it all!!
Theoretically there is MORE than enough to go around! You're cruising effortlessly through life, going with the flow of the universe.

I think you're hanging ten! Good on you!

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
mergirl

I want to read that book now. . .so many books, so little time!!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Oh so that's where your moving. Yes neighbor...that's an cool place. I'm in Oxnard...in an interesting section of the town.
I used to live in Ventura...no longer neighbor though...I'm now in Wisconsin (heaven help me...I take that back...heaven is helping me
Old 08-06-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.”
~ Rabindranath Tagore =

"There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction."
~ Salvador Dali
Old 08-06-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ya know, some stuff I was struggling with has just fallen into place as well. Hmmm....must be the planets or something. Or maybe just some good ol' SR ju-ju going around....
Old 08-07-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
mergirl

uhg, crazy winds of fate!!! Transfer request was moving along slowly. My sister came over today and picked out some of the big things of mine she needs for her new house. We moved what we could in her van. I decided to write the (ex) a small note so I leave it wont be as much of a shock. I wrote
"I will be moving withing the month. I am grateful to you for letting me have a place to stay. I am sad things are the way they are between us now"

So, I leave this on his computer and take off for a funeral. As I am driving, I get a call and talk to my future boss. He asks me when I can start, and I am elated. I tell him I have to tie up lose ends, but I could be there by the 17th (next monday). He says groovy, I am happy. I call the lady who schedules us and tell her the news, and ask for thurs and fri off to pack.

I get out of the funeral at 3:40 (our bases close down at 3:30). There is a message from my soon to be ex boss saying I have to turn in my base keys, and pick up my equipment, and report to the new base THIS MONDAY.

. . .

So, I called my new boss and explained the mix up, which has no effect. My kids birthday is Monday, which makes me really sad. We spent last night at the fair together though, and had a blast.
I wanted to talk to the (ex) about the dogs and such before I left, but he was already 1/3 of the way into the rum bottle when I got home.

So now I am sitting in my room, having a farewell dinner with my dogs, bawling my eyes out.

But Sunday morning I will wake up to the smells of the sea, and the beginning of my new life. For tonight I just need to breathe.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about the dog situation. I'm sure things will work themselves out. The job situation sounds like it's moving along well, and that's a great sign.

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Clearly, I am not having one of my best weeks either.

We'll get through this. We've got to keep our heads up and out feet moving. We'll get there!

Alice
Old 08-07-2009, 08:53 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
mergirl

thanks. Im actually really happy. The ex and I usually are able to maintain enough of a friendship for doggie visitations. If not, I'll get a hotel down here now and then and kidnap them=) They love this house, and they love him.

I simply can not believe that this whole adventure is not being fueled by a higher power, so I know it is as it should be.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:06 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

So much change in such a short space of time - no wonder you're bawling your eyes out! Your life has just been rearranged in one day so it is totally understandable. Hang in there, you know it is all for the better. You will make it through this.
:ghug3
Old 08-08-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Some of us have been given some wonderful help and oportunities by our HP and I loved reading all your joyfilled posts.

I had to go 500 miles for heart surgery last week and ABF drove me there, was my carer and support person during my hospital stay, and then drove me home again. Trust me, all that was a miracle as in the past 20 years he would have been the LAST person I would have trusted to do it.

He stayed with me for hours in the Coronary unit, and that took real stamina for him, as he almost has a phobia about hospitals due to his mum's years of hospital stays and then her dying in one. In the past when I have been getting treatment, he has hit the bottle big time and caused so much pain and trauma for me that I was a bit worried this time. Dear Lord, how I prayed over it, and was answered so wonderfully.

I was expecting a bypass and a couple of stents, but the result was that my blockage was cleared, and the cause of my heart spasms and angina found and fixed with no need to carve me open after all. I was home in 3 days instead of 2 weeks and feel like a new woman.

I thanked ABF for all he had done for me and got the reply that, "about time I was there when you needed me because you have never let me down, tho I have been a mongrel every other time. Thank God I gave the p**s up or I'd still be useless to you."

I thank God for the gift of sobriety for ABF, and the gift it has been for me.
I thank God for a hassle free 1000 mile trip, that we both enjoyed.
I thank God for the change in treatment and it's great success.

WOW!!! What a week for so many of us.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
mergirl

wow, wonderful story jad! Last night I was up stressing about my dog who is having a toe nail removed (didnt know if he would remember to pick her up from the vets). I was stressing about not seeing my kid, and stressing about not talking to him before leaving. My sister reminded me that I could always go Sunday, and just pick the dog up myself (duh, instant relief) so I went to bed.

This morning he is still up drinking from last night. He and I have not said 10 words to each other in weeks, but he has open 3 chat windows talking dirty online.

So. . .my "kid" is 22 monday. She is a grown up and will understand, and I will see her soon enough I am sure. I will pick the dog up, and then have to trust that they will be ok, as they were the last 2 times I moved out (a year each time).

and I will NOT feel guilty about leaving without having a heart to heart with this man. I have it in me to be a respectful caring adult towards him, and his head is elsewhere. I will work on not judging, and get my fanny in gear and learn to stand on my own.

This begins today=)
Old 08-08-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Great news Jad, I did not know they were bringing back the bionic woman, and now I find out it is you! So glad you are on the mend, and what a blessing your ABF was able to be there for you. So many times we are disappointed by the addicts in our lives and then they go and do something that reminds us there is a real person under all the selfishness and drunken behavior.

It's been a wild week for so many here and for some a wild week is just beginning. The support and friendship here is truly remarkable!

Alice