Depressed XAH

Old 08-08-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

Originally Posted by blessed4x View Post
(((Mehandle)))....22 years for you too?! I can remember it like yesterday. It was over 100 degrees and rained. Can you say humidity!

MY XAH used to sit in the car and drink and listen to music. I sure don't miss those days! And it is very peaceful knowing I won't have any of those days to look forward to.

BTW, God has blessed me more in my divorce than I ever thought possible.
I was thinkin about that yesterday !!!!!!! too !!!!!! when they were doing the weather report. In IL it was the hottest day of the year on August 8, 1987. Today, it is the hottest day of the year in IL again. This will mark the end of the start year and the end year in my memory. It so happens that a couple of days ago I fully detached from him, ( as much as one can in the same house which is a lot) a couple of days ago. I was willing to hold conversations with him being it comes pretty natural to me :-), work at a team on other things in the house hold and also do things with him if it involved the kids. No more... was interesting this came about on the 22 anniversary of which i hoped to be divorced by.

And thank you blessedx. Now that I know God doesn't want me in this marriage, instead of my previous false conviction, my arms are opened wide to receive all that he has to bless me with....again. :-) And thanks for the reminder and encouragement, I got it. ;-)

Looking forward to more peaceful days .:-)( Of course he went and got me flowers today.)

Hey learn2live, I saw your heart of good but I disagreed with how you thought through to come to some of your conclusions, such as how you view"mind your own business" in a suicide situation. They don't like if we talk about this subject to much on the list so I won't clarify more on this thread.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey gang, and thanx for all the wonderful sharing

The thing about suicide threats is that sometimes the alkie is telling the truth, and sometimes not. This is the difference betweend "detachment with anger" and "detachment with love". As has been pointed out, the official policy of the various health serviceprofessions (AMA, APA, etc.) is to _always_ take a suicide threat seriously.

Always.

In turn, that means that _you_ do not rush in and try to save the depressed alkie. You are not a trained professional. You call 911 and tell them the _whole_ story. They need to know the level of danger the alkie is in, as well as any danger that _you_ might be in.

Yes, the alkie is going to be very unhappy when the police show up. That's actually a good thing, because they will never try a fake suicide call again.

Here on SoberRecovery we take suicide threats _very_ seriously. We also don't allow those kinds of posts in public because peope who are at that level of depression need professional help, not peer support. We take those posts private and try to contact the individuals directly. If you've ever seen a suicide threat posted here you will have noticed how quickly it gets pulled, and how several of us Moderators kinda "disappear" for a few days because we end up spending a _lot_ of time with those folks.

So if your alkie starts talking suicide, play it safe and get in touch with a professional. Calling 911 will protect _you_ from the manipulation, and protect the alkie from dying. Ultimately, we don't want our loved ones to die. We may want them out of our life, but not that way.

Mike
Moderator, SoberRecovery.