Nightmare

Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mergirl

Nightmare

I went to a fair today with my sister and nephew. We had deep fried smores, chocolate covered bacon, and I got a double hot espresso for the drive home. Fell asleep quite late, now I am up at 220 am

I dreamt (ex)AH and I lived in a vast house, dilapidated and filled with dusty boxes, junked stuff and stacks of newspapers.Small isles were left to traverse,as through a maze. He was sick, sick like the guy in the shining and I was scared, running, sneaking trying to live without contact. He had become skeletal-thin, with long bony arms, no waist and a neck that could snap from the weight of his head. He had found his way to my sanctuary and was sitting at my desk when I came in. I saw him from the back, and as his head turned towards me with the hideous-hollywood horror movie eyes I was ripped through the ceiling by an invisible vortex and pulled straight up, ever higher and higher. I fought and begged my dream not to take me up farther as I kept going miles above the earth. I was unceremoniously flipped like a beetle onto my back and let go, plummeting faster than the speed of sight towards the earth. Just before impact I managed to flip myself over and spread myself out to slow my descent. I hit the earth hard, and woke up.

It's only 2 hours since I went to bed.

No more faire food for me thank you.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
jimbo

strange i had nightmares about my dead brother and god

no god did not die

i rang my sister who lives 100 miles away and so did she

but not about god just our bro

nightmares very confusing and disturbing

i was awake from 3am till 6 i feel shattered now

i bet you do too
Old 07-30-2009, 03:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gypsy - I often have dreams about houses -- all kinds of houses -- so I looked it up on dreammoods.com and found it very interesting. Here, I'll copy a portion of what it said (the part that pertains to your dream, anyway):

House
To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the unconscious, etc. If the house is empty, then it indicates feelings of insecurity.If the house is shifting, then it suggests that you are going through some personal changes and changing your belief system. If you live with others in your walking life, but dream that you are living alone, suggests that you need to take new steps toward independence. You need to accept responsibilities and be more self-reliant. If you are locked out of the house, then it represents rejection and insecurity. You feel you are being left behind.
To dream that you are cleaning your house, signifies your need to clear out your thoughts and getting rid of old ways. You are seeking self-improvement.
To dream that your house is broken into, suggests that you are feeling violated. It may refer to a particular relationship or current situation in your life. Alternatively, it indicates that some unconscious material is attempting to make itself known. There are some aspects of yourself that you have denied. To dream that a house has disappeared, indicates that you are not feeling grounded. You feel uprooted by a particular circumstance or relationship in your life.
To see an old, run-down house in your dream, represents your old beliefs, attitudes and how you used to think or feel. A situation in your current life may be bringing about those same old attitudes and feelings. Alternatively, the old house may symbolize your need to update you mode of thinking. To dream that your house is damaged, indicates your waking concerns about the condition of your house.

And....about skeletons:

To see someone depicted as a skeleton, signifies that your relationship with them is long dead.

Interesting, no??
Old 07-30-2009, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gypsy feet I was scared just reading about that dream! I had a dream that started off as a nightmare but ended nicely. I dreamt that the house next door was on fire and we were told to evacuate. I ran out with my baby in my arms but was not scared. Then there was a runaway bear in the street so I had to find shelter. Still with the baby, I hid in someone's garage. Then I realised that there was a madman in the garage ranting and raving. We were hiding in a cupboard and I thought if he found us, he would kill us. At this point my heart was pounding and I was petrified. Then I prayed to God "Your will, not mine." And it was wonderful. I felt at peace. I had done the best I could to keep me and my child safe. Now the outcome was out of my hands and I was no longer worried. I woke up refreshed. In real life I'm not as stress free as that.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

We had deep fried smores, chocolate covered bacon, and I got a double hot espresso for the drive home

Did you win a stuffed animal for participating in that experiment?
Old 07-30-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
mergirl

Jim, I feel ok now,slept a couple of more hours and I am off to recharge my ocean batteries for a long weekend=)

Icant, wow, you dream recovery strategies, now that is interesting !

Peli, my prize was watching my 22 month old nephew's face all day, and laughing til we cried with my sis.

tjp, that is some crazy stuff!! If I could remember the whole thing, there is probably a bit in there about not eating like a 12 year old=)
Old 07-30-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think if I ate chocolate covered bacon, I would have nightmares as well
Old 07-30-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Chocolate covered bacon????
Old 07-30-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mmmmmmm, bacon.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
mergirl

I dont care much for chocolate or marshmellows, but the deep fried smore was pretty outstanding! We may go back next week. . .in which case I will probably try the deep fried cheesecake (its served on a stick!), a giant turkey leg and an artichoke. I'll skip the double shot latte at 9pm tis time though. . .