Still dealing with my AH

Old 08-31-2003, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Still dealing with my AH

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in a while. Things have been rather rough here lately...
Lets see where do I start???
My husband took a new job 3 months ago that has only made us $600.00 ALL TOGETHER!!! That's not cool!!!We are living off a loan and sold my hubbys motorcycle. That was rough. And now we are in debt up to our eyeballs and the loans are due back in Sept.
So of course hubby is stressed out and started drinking again. At first it was 1-3 beers as agreed. Then it started as I had predicted and told him, It escalated. He was up to 7 tall cans a night. Staying up late and waking up after 10 am. I know he was low but enough is enough. I have reminded him that he is responsible for his own actions. I was waking him up every half hour a few weeks ago and finally I told him that he needed to wake himself up. So I stoped did my errands early in the morning and came home when he was to go to work, and I would just let him sleep. When he would finally get up I told him Hey thats your thing, I do what I am supposed to do for you and my family and you need to do your part. He has vowed again to clean hiself up and " Turn over a new leaf". I told him just do it and take it from there. 2 Days who knows way too early to tell!!
And...last but not least I am having health issues. On top of all this the doctors are suspecting I may have had 2 mini strokes inthe past month and a half. I am only 31 and too young for this sh#%@. Twice my left side of my chest felt heavy, my vision was blurred, a shooting pain went from my arm to my hand and my tounge felt swallon and I couldn't talk clearly. What scares me the most is my whole left side of my body feels numb and weak, I can't even grip anything with my lft hand without it hurting. And I have also had problems with my speech and memory. I have been down with migrains on top ofall that and all my joints feel like they are burning. WOW I'm a wreck!!!!
SO... They have tooken me off my zoloft and want me to consider having my tubes tied. I have mixed feeling, but mostly in agreeance. We already have 2 great boys. Birth control has never been good to me and I have had way too many health issues in the past.
If anyone has any suggestions it would be great. I know that zoloft can do some of these things I also know that seizers shouldn't be excluded. Thank you so much for listening. I feel much better already. It's hard keeping this all bottled up.

maryl

Old 08-31-2003, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Maryl, I am so sorry you are feeling bad right now, people here will help. I am thinking of you tonight.
Old 08-31-2003, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You'll be in my prayers.
Don't bottle it up...it doesn't help at all. I can't bottle mine or I feel like I'm dying inside. Right now, this place is all I have where people actually can relate and understand. I don't know what I'd do without it these days.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Maryl do you have a sponsor?
Have you begun to work the steps??

Blessed Be

Fibilt
Old 09-01-2003, 09:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

countrygirl, trip and freewolf,
Thank you so much for the support and prayers. They are all greatly needed. No I don't have a sponsor and I have yet to go to a face to face meeting. I do feel this would be could time to do this. My AH is still in denial, He knows he has a problem but is not willing to actually DO something about it. So I can't make him deal with it but I have full control over how I deal with it.

Thank you all again, being bottled up isn't a good thing.

maryl
Old 09-01-2003, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maryl

Just wanted you to know that my heart goes out to you! So much on your plate and so young. I hope that the doctors will have some answers for you and the coming of the medications will be the answer to those health issues.

Take care of yourself.....I will pray for you.
Blessings,
Constant
Old 09-06-2003, 10:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi everyone,
Wanted to give you all an update. I am scheduled for a CAT scan on the 19th of this month. The doctor feels that I may have had a form of a stroke caused by my migrains. My blood pressure is too high but otherwise I am now on a few pills. 2 are for my blood pressure and headaches, paxil and another pill for the joint pain. Its been 3 days now and these pills make me very tired.
As for my hubby he has been doing better but I guess I spoke too soon I just heard a beer can open . Not good, but not my problem right now. Thank you all for your support. I wish I could hug every single one you.

maryl :kisshug: