Off topic: HP answered my prayers twice today

Old 06-30-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Wink Off topic: HP answered my prayers twice today

Off topic thread.

1 I asked God for help getting me through this week before holidays, I will go to the psychiatrist when I come back (did not want to restart antidepressants before holidays, I know there I will feel much better without constant triggers)

A good friend had to come to my city this week! If there is someone that cheers me up is him. What a "coincidence" we will chat tomorrow night and on Thursday hopefully...

2 There was a HUGE call I had to be on.. and my boss asked if I had attended it because it was yesterday!!! I said "no boss, I thought it was today. I assume my mistake"

Well there was some confusion and needless to say the conference is TODAY, as I originally thought, so I appeared very honest with the boss and assumed my responsability, while I am still "in time" to get there and the customer wont have my a$$ fired for lack of interest

WHEW close calls..

If HP has answered any prayer for you lately... welcome to share!
Old 06-30-2009, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

While I waited I had this inner voice "how stupid of me, I should have double checked, what makes me think I am fit for this job, they may as well fire me and that will be the end of all of this madness, yadda yadda" so it seems my self hating voice is there for work issues too, I thought it was The One place I was "healthy".

But no.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Oh another friend "remembered me", just called and made me laugh so much.....

These 2 are people I have not seen or heard from in MONTHS and suddenly they "remember me" THIS week...

To have faith seems to me like the ultimate lesson after this rollercoaster with an AH

Perhaps they are in this planet to teach others about letting go and learning to trust God.

Hope you are doing alright........
Old 06-30-2009, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome. Our HP is nothing short of wonderful! I've had my share of miracles, and thank my HP each day I awake.

I heard a great story, first hand today. I'll share it with you all.

I went to an auction today, and stopped at a harness shop to pick up a leather belt that an Amish friend had made for me. He's a young man of about 25, who has his own leather shop. He does wonderful handiwork on leather goods, and is a fine craftsman of saddles, and harnesses. Just a great person. He has a wife and 4 small children. The Amish are private people, but extremely warm and friendly. They don't complain about everyday things like many of us do, they just take life as it comes to them. And, they are hard workers and greatful for the blessings they are given.

In the back of his shop, I noticed his children coming in. There were all 4 of them, ranging in age from 7, down to perhaps 2. Three girls and one boy. They were all barefoot, and dressed in plain dark clothes. As they entered the room, and stood by their dad, I couldn't help but notice the smiles on their faces. Darling smiles. The youngest was a girl, and she had a set of eyeglasses on. She stood more in the background, a bit more shy. I ask him about her vision, and he proceeded to tell me the story about her.

She was born 2 and a half years ago. The mother had a tough time birthing her, and required medical attention, and the baby girl was listless, and not breathing normally. They were taken to a medical center in the nearby largest city for help. Upon examination, and after extensive medical tests, the doctors told them parents that it was unlikely that the baby would survive as she was born with very little brain, and would not be able to maintain her own breathing or ever learn to eat on her own. She didn't even have a suck reflex babies naturally normally have at birth. They told the parents not to expect her to live much beyond a year old, and that she'd always have to have help with breathing via a ventilator, and feeding through a tube. It was a grim prognosis.

They consulted with their family members in their community, and it was decided that they bring the baby girl home to be with her people. If she died, it was Gods will. At least she'd be with her family, surrounded by lots of love. So they informed the doctors of their decision, and the medical team removed the breathing tube while she was surrounded by her mother and father and siblings in the hospital. She did not die. She struggled to breath for a few moments and then took off on her own. She was doing it! Breathing on her own. The doctors were shocked. They told the family to keep her nourished with the tube feeding — otherwise she would perish.

They took her home. After several days of feeding her through the tube, the parents realized this method was not natural, nor was the baby happy. So, again they gathered their family and discussed the situation. They all agreed that the tube should be removed and she should eat naturally as God had designed. If she did not survive, at least she was with her family and loved. It was slow, the mother had tried to nurse her, but the baby hadn't a notion of what to do. But after a few days, the baby girl seemed more active rather than more listless from lack of food. She began nursing! She thrived! She grew, she is doing well. She is nearly normal with the exception of poor vision. She talks, runs, plays, and smiles. She is a blessing. The doctors have no explanation. They were astounded.

I ask my friend, the father what he thought changed the outcome of his little failing baby. He smiled and pointed his calloused finger up to the sky. I smiled and looked at the precious little girl with the glasses standing beside him, her small arm around his thigh, and said "yes, I believe you are quite right. You've been blessed."

It made my day.

Not a week goes by where I don't see miracles. One just has to look around.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thats so awesome.......!! Prayer works !! I had one of those calls today!!! A friend I worked with years ago....such a nice guy has a lovely wife & kids, good family man ..... called to say he had been thinking about me and felt he needed to call & see if I was ok...... and to say if I ever need anything or to talk not to hesitate to call him. It does feel good to know there are people who "remember us" when we are here struggling.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh and great story Trying2survive.....very encouraging.