my ex alcoholic bf

Old 06-29-2009, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my ex alcoholic bf

i think that goes like xabf? anyhow, i posted a month or so ago for advice....and, listened. and, then tried to date him, casually, or something. anyhow, he was great for 3 weeks. not anxious. going to aa meetings, being friendly, loving, kind..his rational self. then, anxiety crept in regarding his dui hearing in a few weeks. he hit the bottle on a friday night after going to two meetings and sounded drunk on the phone the next day when we spoke. i realized what had happened, but needed to get my tennis racquet from him. when i arrived at his place, he was walking unsteadily and begging me to drive him to get him cigs. i obviously confirmed he was wasted, but my racquet in the car and told him to have a nice life.

since then, i rec'd about 10 text msgs telling me that he hates me and to f off and to go f myself, etc. (v classy).

anyhow, note to my peeps that responded. thank you so v much for opening my eyes wide to "personal exceptionalism/terminal uniqueness." i drove away from him saturday feeling free and happy to unsubscribe from that melodrama.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Take it from me because with my xabf I started out happy and independent and ended up well... where I am now. I'll tell you exactly what is going to happen. The state of mind you're in right now is the best state of mind to be in. He is far from gone, he will text you, he will call you, he will show up at your door, he will apologize profusely, he will tell you all the wonderful things you want to hear, he might even buy you things and he's going to do this so flawlessly that he'll actually have you doubting your own gut and your own mind. Don't fall for it. Don't take him back. It will become a vicious cycle until you're as crazy as him, please don't fall for it. Keep running.

Take care of yourself first.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks love. i did it once. that was enough. what a creepy cycle, huh? i could not imagine doing this over and over. thanks for the support. i wish my phone would block text messages. today he apologized over text (does it matter when all i read is fu.k you, i hate you, go fu.k yourself), and of course, i did not respond.

onto the next! let;s hope the next guy is wonderful!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Can you see if you can block his number from your phone? I think that would block the texts.

I'm so impressed by your ability to protect yourself! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-01-2009, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i have blocked him on my phone if he tries to call, but text msgs still come thru. he has only sent 2 apology texts, and his last one stated he would not bother me again. thanks for the support. when i am done with em, i am done with em. i can;t continue to put myself in an unstable, distrustful situation. doesn't that make ppl crazy???