Hello Everyone,

Old 06-29-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to come here to thank you all for your words when I posted about my realtionship with my wife. I have now been sober for more than a month and the realtionship is getting much better. We are talking and doing things together now. I can even sense that she is starting to believe that this time might actually be the time this works. That alone is driving me becasue I don't want to dissapoint her again. I know you are all going to say that one month is nothing after years of drinking, but I need to start somewhere. On another note the deaths of this past week really hit me in a way that I never expected. It made me realize a few things. "LIVE EVERYDAY LIKE IT MIGHT BE YOUR LAST," "TELL SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU THAT YOU LOVE THEM," AND "KISS AND HUG SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU." I even thought about that if I were to be gone tomorrow, what kind of thoughts would people have. I relaized that there is never a reason to have another drink since nothing good ever comes from it and I want to make a real difference in my life. I want to be a good husband, and a good father to my kids. I want to be a good friend. I want to be a good leader at work and a contributing member of society.I am having a much better relationship with my children and my marriage is improving on a daily basis. I hope to be able to keep coming here and reporting good things. Thanks for all the support.

Chris
Old 06-29-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Old 06-29-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jimbo

well done to you
Old 06-30-2009, 03:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done and I am so happy for you. Your positive attitude is a real grace, so hang on to it with a tight grip.

I wish you success and a great future.
God bless