Miracles out of nowhere!!!!

Old 08-27-2003, 05:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Miracles out of nowhere!!!!

This morning I made the mistake of picking up the telephone. It was the man who is divorcing me in order to get me to "want to be with him." (Translated this means the addict in my life, that I am breaking my addiction to). Anyways, he used a big hook with me, and before I knew it, I was upset. I left for work with a hundred voices in my head, and feeling like I was going to cry. I wanted to control the situation, "make" him see how he was hurting me and should do things differently, etc. I started doing a mini-twelve step thing on my issue, and the things I was feeling.
It worked!!! Before I knew it, I was filled with gratitude. I was even able to say a mental thank you to him for bringing my issue to forefront, and helping me address it. Other things happened throughout the day that either brought me joy, or gave me pause as I could see where they applied to my own life.
I had a good day!!!
Miracles!!! I love my HP!!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 07:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I can see your words just leaping off my screen!

Good job!!!
JT
Old 08-27-2003, 08:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hate to say it but...sometimes that feeling is better than sex!LOL

Congratulations.

I'm bad though sometimes when my husband starts in on me like that...I just hang up...lol I know he hates it and that's NOT why I do it. It's just sometimes I just can't stand there and listen to one more nasty thing so I do it to stop him, not to upset him or make him angrier.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It IS a miracle how this program can just be there when we need it, and work when we aren't looking.

And it just keeps getting better and better.

Like JT, I can "feel" exactly what you are saying.

Hugs
Ann
Old 08-28-2003, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

The first time I hung up on one of my a's I was shaking so badly that I almost dropped the phone, but my sponsor had been having me practice doin actually that for weeks...

BUT IT FELT SO GOOD AFTERWARDS to realized that I was NOT put here for someone else to scream at, dump on, or verbly abuse. I could stand up for myself and take the action to take care of me without waiting for someone else to do it for me...

"The Courage to Change The Things I Can."

Consider yourselves Hugged!