Wondering what's going on

Old 06-19-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wondering what's going on

I love this forum because I feel I can come here and share just about anything!

Well strangely RAH has been in a good mood all week, playing the radio loud and singing to it, been helpful around the house, even brought me coffee, hugged me, etc. That's just not the typical him. I cant help but feel that something's up! I don't know what, but I feel suspicious. That sounds awful of me. I know I should be grateful for this new outlook he's got but it unnerves me! And I am just waiting for something. I just dont know whats driving it and I am on guard.

I guess I will just enjoy it and see what happens.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Trust is a hard thing to rebuild. Don't assume you have to provide it to him in one big helping. He has to earn it by showing you long term sobriety. You don't owe him your trust.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When you're watching a scary movie and the main character who you know is going to do something sinister soon is smiling or acting in a happy go lucky way (like your RAH) you get this "uh-oh Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" feeling.

You've seen your RAH before the "R" was added to his title so you know that at some point there was reason to be cautious and keep some distance. It's going to take some time to see him in a new light.

If you take the same actor who was in that sinister role in the scary movie and watch them in a comedic role right thereafter. It may take a while into the film before you don't expect to see him do something unsavory.

I agree with what's been said. Give it time. If he doesn't realize you need to trust again and he needs to earn that trust, than he hasn't gotten there in his recovery yet.

all the best,

Alice
Old 06-19-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Retired Pro Drunk

Originally Posted by jehnifer View Post
I guess I will just enjoy it and see what happens.
Word.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justanothrdrunk View Post
Word.
what does that mean? thanks
Old 06-19-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi jenhifer, when they are active, you walk on eggshells...when they are starting recovery, you walk on eggshells not knowing if it will "stick"

I just hope you remember you control your feelings.. whatever he does or does not. You are in charge of your own recovery and no one will take that away from you.

Easier said than done, I know.
((Hugs))
Old 06-19-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope it lasts........ that gives some of us out here hope that it can happen...... I have been reading so many posts and hearing from people that people who recover usually leave ....if they have not already been left.
I still have hopes that my ABF will still be here when he comes thru........

Good Luck to you
Old 06-19-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by jehnifer View Post
what does that mean? thanks
In this case I believe It's an enthusiastic agreement

He is agreeing with "just enjoy what is" rather then the mental mind games if I had to guess

I believe it derives from "word to your mother" such as is used by say, Vanilla Ice in his hit single "Ice Ice Baby" or Cameo in "Word Up" "back in the day" both songs which are worth watching on Youtube just for the humor and "fun" value.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Cute.

"I believe it derives from "word to your mother" such as is used by say, Vanilla Ice in his hit single "Ice Ice Baby" or Cameo in "Word Up" "back in the day."