Did Al-Anon Help?

Old 02-23-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It does help...but it takes time, and you have to keep going back...something that is very hard for me, because I'm very impatient like that. Haha.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Oh, boy. Yes. I went to my A last night in the hospital and he was so needy and sad.He phoned me from the hospital so I didn't know that it was him. I answered. He is so into the blame game, things are my fault, etc...I'm needy, we didn't socialize enough...saying he is sorry...but he doesn't want to give up the drinking. He just doesn't understand. And he is drinking less, he is doing better...so all of his friends think I am the crazy one for kicking him out in the middle of winter. I mean..."Look how good he has been. She is unsupportive etc. "....That part is crazy making. And his friends are into drugs and think that sort of life is the thing. I feel crazy after goign to him last night. I am so messed up.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hang w/Alanon and SR, amica. You can find your way out of this mess and have a life that's much better. HE is not your job to support. YOU are your job to support.

Again, hang w/Alanon and us here at SR. Folks at these places get it like "regular" people simply don't.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

okay.Thank you so much.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Al-anon + a councilor + SR = a trifecta of superfreinds who stood behind me as I kicked the ex out of the house, filed for divorce and walked the first few steps of my recovery. I was able to drastically reduce the amount of stress I held in my body with the help of all three. And all three are the first place I go when I start feeling myself slipping. Al-anon is amazing if you find the right group.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

okay. I am focusing on the stress factor. That is what counts for me. Trying to stay alert, cam, in my body and not going into victim pose. I know the truth, whether others do or not. Life is stressful with my ex, even tho he doesn't see it. Bless those who are supporting recovery....thank you.