Excuses Alcoholics Make

Old 06-18-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I'm looking forward to being able to get to meetings again, and getting a sponsor so I can do serious step work.

I just gotta live through the moving-kid-hates-me-make-a-damned-decision process first.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Red face

This is what the old cassette would look like

Thanks LTD. You are right. Very freeing thought!!

Thanks anvilhead... I needed to hear that today. I read sometimes all your walls have to be taken down so you can build yourself with strong foundations, it feels so true.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Arrow

Sorry TrainWreckAgain!!

Oh anvil, the problem with Al anon face to face meetings is that they are at 5PM and I cannot leave work so early. But I will try to leave early one day, I will make up a doc. appointment or something.

Also I may see if there are other meetings even if they are far away...

I frequently go to AA meetings. Perhaps someone can sponsor me there? I am not sure if that would be different but I know those guys already, they know my story and have really given me a friendly hand, with the advantage that its only a few steps from home and their meetings are at 8 so I can make it daily... thank you for the great advice... I do not know what requirements I need to have a sponsor though!! is willingness not to go crazy, enough?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

No worrie on the hijack. The whole point of this site is to allow people to share.... glad my post prompted people to think and reflect.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeHandle View Post
Can this go in the stickies someone?....
Done stickied in the "Classic Reading" section

Mike
Old 06-19-2009, 04:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

TakingCharge999,

You are so worth responding too. :-) And i am excited to do so. Thank you so much for the encouragement.

However, I have a very full weekend and I did not get to this yesterday. It deserves time and thought( lol... I have already given it a lot of thought and prayer) Anyway, I didn't want to leave you just hangin, being that you are worth behavior that is respectful of a human made in God's image. :-)

And thank you TrainWreckAgain.

love tammy

ps TC999, this is the start of a brain washing process or shall i say a process of washing the brain and the heart. As stated above, reminding you of your worth. :-)

Here is an extra bonus:
Philippians 4:7-9 (New International Version)
7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Note that Phillipians is called the letter of Joy. Paul wrote it while imprisioned.

TC999, would you practice thinking about it this weekend, that you have God given worth no matter if any human thinks different, even you. So let go............
Old 06-19-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

Thanks Mike

:ghug3

Old 06-22-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Mike

I will start another thread with that "mirroring" thing, enough hijacking!!

Wow I got lots of inner work to do, 1 is my 9-6 job, then the 2nd one is to clean the apartment, cook, etc. and the 3rd one is actually doing the inner work.. and I was wondering why I felt tired??

Thanks all for the great thread. It helped me TONS today.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

This is so helpful. I also really got a lot from what TC999 said....could recognise myself in a lot of that, esp about not feeling worthy of joy and having my needs met. I'm feeling such a weight off my shoulders reading this stuff and knowing that I'm NOT crazy to think my partner has a problem, he's just convinced me to doubt myself. The addiction is cunning and baffling indeed.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

That's a GREAT website. I've read all the articles on it. Dr. Garrett is a very advanced writer but it is all so accurate! I learned a lot from it. (You can Google "dr. garrett addictive process" to find it)

The articles are listed in the column on the right-hand side of the page.

Last edited by GiveLove; 07-14-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Remove link...
Old 07-14-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Oops! ha ha Sorry didn't see it was alreayd made a stickey! Thanks all

Can someone make this a stickey?? It is SO helpful. My xabf used all but about 2 or 3 of those.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yep, heard it all.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thats amazing! My XABF did ALL of those things! It's so sad when a person becomes text book.