Coming clean

Old 06-15-2009, 06:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

Originally Posted by nowwhat View Post

It seems to me that feeling unlovable is a very hard thing to fix. I know the drill about loving one's self first, but I don't know what that looks like? Is it the same as love from another--we show it with actions? I understand doing affirmations is supposed to help. I am trying that. But in a sense, isn't that just like listening to the *words* of a lover, instead of watching the actions? I feel lost in this regard.

I need, terribly, to take better care of myself. I have lost 20 pounds. I am dangerously thin (5' 6" and 101 pounds). I look like hell. I am smoking cigarettes covertly (don't want my kids to know, thought I had this addiction licked). I don't sleep well. I am weak and tremulous and know I should exercise, but don't have the physical energy to do more than what I already have to do.

More sighs.
Dear nowwhat,

I read your confession and i was about to just send a very little post reply:

It was going to say ..lol....I could just see you doing this. Sometimes we just need to know people on the other end don't look on in horror but smile and laugh about the things we do. Confession seen. Move foward. Good job.

But then I saw your next post reply. I am not going to be politically correct. I am going to speak the truth. You may not believe my God is the true God so as far as you see it keep the good and throw away the bad:

You may feel unloveable but that is not reality. Reality is that you are loved. You are so loved that the God the father gave that which he most loved, the Son gave his life for you and the Spirit wants to live with you. The God of the universe gave His all for you as the imperfect person you are. He is not shocked at all you think is unlovable. He has seen it all and still longs for you to know how much you are loved. Therefore, you have something more then self-esteem. You have God given worth. You are precious and uniquely created. There is not a single person exactly like you. There are things on this earth that only nowwhat can give and receive. You are loved by the greatest unity of persons who can love you, therefore you are loved and deserve respect and love from others. If humanity falls short, and they will, and does not always reflect that, you are still of great worth to God. Self love is evident. You clean yourself, you house yourself,and you feed yourself( it sounds like you need to do that more though.) However, when we look to esteem our selves and see all our short comings we lose perspective that we have a worth to someone outside ourselves. You are lovable, so much that God gave all he could give so that you would know that. This is love, that you would lay down your life for your friend. I KNOW someone who laid down His life for you, therefore I not only know you are lovable, but i know you are loved. When no human in your life seems to be reflecting this love, i hope you will remember someone greater loves you more then you know. I hope right now that in my message I am reflecting his love and you both know it and feel it. I right this because it is your right to know who much you are loved, you deserve to know how special you really are. Now, at the least, you know 1 person( me:-) who knows how much you are lovable!

Romans 8: 31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."[l] 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now, as to 5' 6" and 101 pounds and exercise. I am also 5'6" and medium framed. Even if you are small framed at 120 that is very light weight or you would have hardly no muscle.

Forget about exercise today, your body is to week . Right now you need to start feeding it, today! Start exercise slowly and moderatly to strentghen muscle after you start eating. I am not allowed to give medical advice, and i am not. i am using my common sense and saying 'something' to you before you get yourself to a doctor or nutritionist. Start feeding yourself today, more then you have been,please.:-) You know you are at a weight that says you are anorexic.( So I will consider this another confession, that needs immediate attention so that you are here to confess to us some more.)

love tammy
Old 06-15-2009, 07:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Boy, this brings back memories of my spying on my XAH.
He left on a trip with his mother for 2 weeks. During that time I cracked into his computer which he always kept password protected.

The crap I found nearly sent me to the hospital with a heart attack.
I was so freaking ANGRY.
But, after I went through ever single thing in his computer, I was just sick and disgusted. I saw him in a dimmer light.
How sad that someone can do nothing else with their life than visit adult relationship sites and flirting online. For crying out loud.
I wound up leaving. I am so glad I did. He's gone straight down hill. I would have ridden straight down with him too, if I were still there.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Yes, it is pure ego. I realize that I was okay with breaking up until he found someone new. Not happy, but not psycho-crazy-throw-myself-at-him-basket-case that I turned into the nanosecond I realized I had been replaced like instant coffee.

How could YOU ever be replaced? tell me?
How can you ever be replaced, nowwhat?
You can't be.

Yes, I love yoga. I have only gone once since the breakup but it's on my list. I am hippie type, too. I have a bunch of essential oils for making my own housecleaning products. What do you recommend? Please don't say lavender. I like it but I'm burnt out. Give me some suggestions. I am totally olfactory and I absolutely believe this stuff helps.

Oh I hope you go back to yoga err, for this aromatherapy thing I went with a woman that uses Bach Flowers... she asked me a few questions, kicked my a$$, and crafted some drops to use every 2 hours. It cost me 10 dollars... perhaps a fellow yoguini can recommend a similar 'counselor'? or ask in a naturist shop... these Bach Flowers are quite popular so hopefully you can find someone in your area.

I am also done with lavender, LOL. Come to think of it, aromatherapy may be a completely different therapy from Bach Flowers That shows how much I know of the matter LOL. IMHO totally worth a shot
Old 06-16-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are all wonderful.

I went to my mother's this morning and she fed me a very big breakfast. I ate a ton of junk yesterday, not terribly healthy but lots of calories and I am making a big effort to increase my appetite.

I'm not anorexic as in "I think I'm fat." I know I'm grossly thin. I want to gain weight. I am anorexic in the medical sense that I have actually lost my appetite.

The last three posts are so kind and touching, I actually cried some more. Good tears, though.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Some people eat when stressed, some people can't eat and weight falls off of them, which was what happened to me. I called it the divorce diet. Today I am getting a little pudgy, actually. I think it's because I'm dating and happy.

Good for you, sweetie. Keep that focus on YOU. Your mom would want you to be like that, too. It's also good for your mental and spiritual health. Keep investigating little things, foods, activities that are all about you, and are very spoiling. Maybe start walking or running also. That not only tones you, but builds muscle and creates an appetite. Plus it's a great way to meet people and get yourself out of the house. Sometimes you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other, whether your heart is into it or not that particular moment. Eventually it becomes your new routine, your new normal, and then your heart will be into it as well.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Sweet Marjoram is one of my favs, and another one but the name escapes me at the moment. I left all my oils behind when I left