Same old Same old

Old 06-13-2009, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Same old Same old

I don't know if I posted this before but my exmil got remarried today. I was stressing about going wondering how the family will be with me and how exah would be to me. They wanted the baby there so I had to take her because he can't take her.

I just got back. I am actually really glad I went. Family was nice to me and it was ok.

They asked exh not to drink and he agreed. I was only going to stay an hour or so but I noticed exh's personality changing like it does when he drinks. I wanted to wait around to see what happened.

At first exh was all over baby..trying to be a good dad. Then I noticed he was going to the truck alot and also going to the restroom alot.

He was telling me that I didn't want to work on things and he was the only one trying. He was saying he wants us to try again. I said he needed to quit drinking and be faithful. 2 things I didn't think he could do. He was going on and on even in front of people. I knew he was drinking somewhere secret.

Then he got emotional with some family members and crying. Sure sign that he is drinking. His siblings just rolled their eyes and were frustrated because he promised he wasn't going to drink. They were not serving alcohol at the reception. Then he took off with SIL dad and then her sister followed. They walked a ways away and had this long conversation. After about 15 the dad came back and left exh sitting with the sister. Exh never came back. Dad of the year never even got to say goodbye to his daughter. I had enough of waiting on him after an hour and we left. I think the family understood. BIL said he found empty beer cans in the bathroom.

Same old crap new day. It did make me sad though hearing those words even though they were coming out of an intoxicated mouth. Its hard to be strong when you want to hear those words so much but know he is full of crap because he is drinking. I still love the guy.

He didn't even bother with his baby for the last hour we were there. He was more interested in talking to sil's sister.
I am glad I went though. Confirms he is still drinking to the point of sneaking it.

Nothing has changed.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was just journaling in my "exah" log about the weekend and was so thankful he isn't in my life as a husband anymore. I was absolutely dreading going to this weekend as I thought it would be a real heartbreaker. My HP used it as an eye opener that things have not changed at all.

Oh, my SIL sent me a text yesterday saying he was smashed again yesterday.

This really confirms to me that I have to fight for my baby in court. If exh made a promise to his entire family that he wouldn't drink at this reception, knew I was going to be there with baby, yet he chose to buy it and sneak it into the bathroom and/or his truck (which someone else drove) then that really scares me that he will not have an issue drinking while in charge of baby. The reception was at a park...so his drinking was very well thought out ahead of time.

Yesterday he was texting and asking what was wrong with me at the wedding. I just told him the ceremony was beautiful and it did make me a bit sad. That part is the truth. I didn't even go into his drinking which is so unlike me. Hmmm.....maybe I am making some progress.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I tend to really inflate what might happen, it's such a huge waste of energy.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Startingover2 always always always remember the very definition of an alcoholic is someone who will drink at the absolute wrong times, will drink when they promise not to drink, will drink because they won the lottery, will drink because they lost the lottery etc.

So YES fight for sole custody of DD and supervised visitation for him. It'll be worth the fight, if he puts up a fight.

It's great you didn't say anything about his drinking, you can tell by his actions he would just use it as one more opportunity to quack.

stay strong...it is so sad, no question, but there it is.
(((((hugs)))))
b