Remember Me?

Old 06-11-2009, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Remember Me?

Hi everyone, it’s been a long time since I have posted but I have been checking in from time to time. I wanted to let you all know how I am doing. A year ago I told my EXAH that I would be leaving him. Our relationship over a 20 year period included periods of being in and out of rehab, dry drunk behavior and all the subsequent fallout. We were both very unhealthy people. There is no need to elaborate on his behavior, you have all been exposed to similar people and this post is a positive one – about me.

When I left I was truly devastated, I have never felt so much physical gut wrenching throw yourself on the floor and assume the fetal position type of pain. I was totally broken and shattered. In the past I never really worked on MY issues, it was always easier to blame the A – just put a band aid on it and worse ignored and stuffed the feelings down. I found out that I was an addict, addicted to him, the drama, the control that I thought I had.

I now really felt pain for the first time. I was alone, with me! I didn’t like what I saw but I vowed to change. I posted and read a lot here on SR, went to counseling 3-4 times a week, went to Al-Anon and changed my whole life. The universe opened up and welcomed me. I lost weight, I quit smoking, I started snowshoeing, hiking and now mountain biking, I go to yoga 3 times a week, practice daily meditation.

My world has become such a beautiful place. Earlier this week I emailed my EXAH for the first time in months and told him that I was filing for divorce and that I harbor no ill feelings towards him. I wished him well.

You know what? I really meant it.

Every time I read posts on here about the pain, the grieving, the process, my journey comes back to me. There is light and hope after being involved with a addict. Work your program ‘cause you’re worth it.

Namasté – K.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a lovely post. So glad you updated us.

L
Old 06-11-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope i'm there someday- I can't imagine.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kingston View Post
When I left I was truly devastated, I have never felt so much physical gut wrenching throw yourself on the floor and assume the fetal position type of pain. I was totally broken and shattered. In the past I never really worked on MY issues, it was always easier to blame the A – just put a band aid on it and worse ignored and stuffed the feelings down. I found out that I was an addict, addicted to him, the drama, the control that I thought I had.

I now really felt pain for the first time. I was alone, with me! I didn’t like what I saw but I vowed to change.
Your post summed up my experience to a T. Thank you for sharing what is was like then and what your life is now.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well of course I remember you! I'm tickled pink to hear that life is so rewarding for you. :ghug :ghug