Had a "zen" moment today

Old 06-10-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cool Had a "zen" moment today

Remember I was so excited to be alone in my new apartment as I planned to decorate it with bamboo plants?

Well I just got my first bamboo. It is just outside my door and greets me when I arrive, and when I "step out" to the world.

This afternoon I cut its dry leaves and watered it very carefully. Many times I just pass without even noticing it, worried, sad or whatever, even if its right there!!

Today I realized how beautiful it really is!

It is not like any other plant on the same floor (to me its the coolest one!)

It is what it is, old, dry leaves no more, now just healthy leaves and tiny, fresh, new ones coming out ever so gracefully...

Its new leaves are such a beautiful shade of green, they are tender and healthy... I mean, what a classic, basic "cliche" or "analogy" (sorry if my post disappointed you!) but I know anyone out there that has plants or gardens knows what I mean.

As I am on what I think is my 9th cycle of grief, shock, etc. feeling I am taking steps backwards, it was so wonderful to see this bamboo is my new companion. And that I can take so much from something seemingly simple and just that can brighten up my day.

I love bamboo plants, and I love white flowers ...they are so filled with promise and innocence. It was great to feel like my old sensitive self again, I wish HP keeps sending these messages to me.. and to all of us.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you for a lovely image and reminder to stop and notice the beautiful little things in our lives....
HG
Old 06-10-2009, 05:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gives a new take on stopping and smelling the roses.

You are noticing a wonderful world around you instead of the emotional world within you.

Your recovery is showing!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That was cool! Thanks for the reminder to stop and notice, to remember the connection to nature we all have and the lessons we can learn from it.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

takingcharge-

glad to hear you are returning to your self in your new flat. isn't it great to have the extra space in your life to delight in little things again?
Old 06-11-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

TC,

You and I are on the same plane today! I woke up in a really bad mood...the rain beating on my window...the X being a jerk...a ton of stress at work...just not in the mood to face the world.

BUT, as I walked from the train station to my office I realized how refreshing, cleansing and beautiful it was. Although everything was wet (including me), and the sky was depressing, the rain lifted my spirits at a moment when I really needed it.

Gotta love Mother Nature!

Peace
Old 06-11-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Ah yes, those moments suck, but at least we have that special sensitivity
Hope you took a hot tea afterwards!