Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Man arrested for the 153rd time...... can you guess the rest?

Old 06-08-2009, 11:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For those of you/us battling to understand alcoholism, perhaps it is better to not even try.....

"told a judge Monday he plans to plead guilty to the assault, along with trespassing and alcohol charges. He said he's had a long battle with alcohol and was trying to correct the problem during his most recent one-year jail term, which ended last week."

NH man arrested for the 153rd time to plead guilty - *****! News
Old 06-09-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Wow. Yup, ex AH also stated he was planning to drink until the very last day of his life.
How much clearer did it have to be for me?

I wonder if he still plans the same after his body starts resenting so much alcohol. I am willing to bet that will not be any wake up call either.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
Wow. Yup, ex AH also stated he was planning to drink until the very last day of his life.
How much clearer did it have to be for me?

I wonder if he still plans the same after his body starts resenting so much alcohol. I am willing to bet that will not be any wake up call either.
There is always another reason for illness, it's never the alcohol. Repeated hospitalizations for pancreatitis? Not the drinking. Severe scarring of the pancreas? Not the drinking. ER run for accident with power tools? Nothing to do with being drunk.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
There is always another reason for illness, it's never the alcohol. Repeated hospitalizations for pancreatitis? Not the drinking. Severe scarring of the pancreas? Not the drinking. ER run for accident with power tools? Nothing to do with being drunk.

Exactly, it is never the alcohol. Q; Why do you look like a zombie A; I have a cold(for one year)

They actually cannot see alcohol as being related to illness or problems(in many instances) Can deny drinking despite a legally intoxicated BAL

And then there are ones that know it is the problem but do not care.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's why I'm constantly up in arms about the lack of laws against drivers with repeated DUIs.

Honestly, there's no counting the number of deaths that could be prevented in my state if they would just incarcerate people who insist on accumulating DUIs. Why are we so soft on this issue?

A client of the daycare center I do work for - a 9-year-old girl named Melody Osheroff - was walking in a crosswalk when she was creamed by a guy on his Harley who already had *6* DUI convictions. Her father had to have his legs amputated and is crippled for life. Recently here in CO, a guy with 12 DUIs crashed his car, killing his wife and daughter. Remind me again why these people weren't in a jail cell somewhere already...why I have to risk my life out there on the roads with them?

Sorry for the tone...this is very fresh for me and I am really not seeing the point of not treating criminals like criminals, especially when they're essentially ticking bombs on the road.

(GiveLove steps off soapbox and goes for more coffee...)
Old 06-10-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

GL - the only way to stop them, is to lock them up. Removing their licenses won't make any difference.