No contact order in place, did I do the right thing?

Old 06-06-2009, 10:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy No contact order in place, did I do the right thing?

Hi, 3 weeks ago I told my XAH that it was over. the night before this he went out for a minute and came back not being able to stand up. He drank and took pills. He tried to make food and almost burned the house down. He slept for 2 days. Said he alsmost killed himself and will never drink again. 1 day later he was drunk. I told him to get out but he had nowhere to go. He finally found a place after he popped the tire of my van. I let him come to the house to see the kids but somehow he got his booze in his mouth without me seeing it. He went to go stay at his sisters in another province. The night before my daughter fell out of bed and I got up and saw him at 1am having a party outside on my picnic table. He could barely walk. Anyway I drove him to the airport. He called me a bad name in front of the kids and off he went to the airplane. 2days later he calls me at work like their was nothing wrong and he didn't do a thing. He called me 10 times that day. 1 day after that I get my mastercard statement and he forged my signature for $400 cash.He has done this many times, last time was for 1000 to pay off a cocaine debt. I can't go through this anymore. I deserve better that this and so do my children. I don't want to talk to him but I wonde if I did the wrong thing because now my children are wondering why daddy isn't calling and are very disappointed, like usall with him. He can talk to them through a family counsellor and that's it.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((HelloKitty)))))

Did you do the right thing? In my book ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

I don't know the ages of your children, and yes they may miss daddy, but whether you realize it or not, they have been very aware of the 'tensions' between the two of you and many of his actions. You are teaching them that those type of actions are NOT acceptable.

And................................you are keeping your children safe.

You know what he did with your Master Card, if it is only in your name is FRAUD? He can be prosecuted. Something you may need to think about as that is literally food he has taken out of his children's mouths, and clothes that they need to survive. Just a thought.

You are going to have doubts. This is going to be a rough time for you for a while to come. Please come often and post how you are doing as we do care very much.

I don't know how much you know about alcoholism, but please read all the 'stickys' at the top of this forum, ask questions, we will answer if we can.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 06-07-2009, 02:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hello kitty-

thank goodness you are taking action! laurie is right, you are in for a tough ride. keep posting, keep reading, keep talking. we've all been through it.

what you described is ridiculous but oh so familiar. it's just crazy. for your sake and your children's sake, get clear of this man!

have you tried alanon? you're going to need some support to get through this...reach out and you'll discover there is help available.

stay strong and good luck,
naive
Old 06-07-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You did the right thing ((hugs)).
Old 06-07-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

Originally Posted by hellokittyII View Post
HHe has done this many times, last time was for 1000 to pay off a cocaine debt. I can't go through this anymore. I deserve better that this and so do my children. I don't want to talk to him but I wonde if I did the wrong thing because now my children are wondering why daddy isn't calling and are very disappointed, like usall with him. He can talk to them through a family counsellor and that's it.
Great for you and your kids! Sad you "had" to do this. Of course you did the right thing.

Your children need a healthy parent around. If he was able to keep doing this he would break the bank and you would be out working more to pay it off. So did you consider pressing charges for this?

Your children don't yet understand that you need to be protecting all of their interest and their future. Someday they will .

Your having a moment of "motherly" guilt if you are asking if you did the right thing. It will pass. Just read this post you wrote. YOu know what is truly best for you kids and you here. :-)

When I was a little girl my mother explained to me why she had been crying and worried about paying bills. She had took out a loan the first time my sister stole from here checking. The second time she pressed charges as she couldn't afford another loan. That time she explained to me why my sister was getting arrested. I was about 7, sister about 23. I was content that my sister was not in the house anymore.

love tammy
Old 06-07-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

YES!!! You did the right thing! You are a very smart lady, and your children are your number one priority. Congrats! You are strong, and your kids will be safe due to your good decision.