Letting go, and letting God

Old 06-04-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Letting go, and letting God

One thing I finally learned through this experience with my XAH disease, was to let go and let God. (HP or whatever you choose to call our creator).

I'd never been religious at all. Hated going to Sunday School as a kid, didn't like church as an adult. I never connected. It just didn't happen.

But, through the anguish of my spouse's alcoholism, I finally turned to God. It was my last resource it seemed. And, the only thing that has brought me through this whole disaster - I am 100% convinced of that.

I've had too many miracles happen in my life since then... for it to be consequences. Things that I never imagined would work out, worked out. Opportunities from literally "out of the blue". I'd share them, but you would think I was making them up - that is how unbelievable they are.

At my darkest moments, my weakest moments, my HP has been there for me always. With all the troubles I've had to face in the process of "cleaning up the disasters" left by my X, I've managed to lay my head down at night and sleep soundly... not to awake once with my troubles.

This morning, I had another such event which reminded me that my HP is indeed looking out after me. I drive my son to school every morning, then come back home. I travel the same road every day, same road for over 25 years, and know it like the back of my hand. I always change lanes at a certain spot to make a left turn off the highway, but this morning after looking over my shoulder to see if the left lane was clear, I hesitated before moving into that left lane. A moment later a car pulled out from behind another in oncoming traffic - into the lane I would have been changing to. That car would have hit me head on. I would not have had time to react. I knew this instantly. A moment later, and I also realized that my HP had kept me from being in that place at that time.

What a wonderful thing to realize. It was no accident. I said "thank you."
Old 06-04-2009, 12:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That was a wonderful story and thank God you are ok. It is funny how God works in mysterious ways as I believe he has a plan for all of us. It is true when things are bad I always believe God is at my side, no matter what and He is the one that gets me through this horrible disease that has been bestowed on me and my AH. Having said that, I know in my heart that I will be stronger for going through all of this. Peace be with you.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Trying2survive, thank you for sharing this, I am glad you are OK.

Today I got a huge trigger and went to climb some stairs here at the office to get some of the stress out....

At the very top floor there is a bird's nest- there were other birds trying to reach the bird at the nest, and it was hostile to them - then a little bird showed its little head out of the nest!!

Great message on protecting MY well being and inner child, and do anything it takes... it also reminded me of the kids I would like to have some day, and how I need to be healthy and strong to be the mom I dream to be. I felt so comforted with that image, I came back to see ex AH and I was able to think "thank God he is no longer there to harm me" and cleared my way for so many wonderful blessings ....

(((((((Hugs)))))))))) I am glad I am not the only one "tuned in" to RadioGod, lol
Old 06-04-2009, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm growing

WOW, I know I am always amazed at how well HP takes care of me.

I just have to remember to keep turning it over .
Old 06-05-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I have been anxious for some testing at work, on a device that is close to ex Ah and his band of drinkers and enablers. I am due to another set of tests on Monday and started to feel anxious about it...

Well, the device has been moved further away from exAH! I will be able to work more relaxed.

HP rules