OT-good news!

Old 06-02-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
we'll be here, holding your crutches, damn, i mean seat....with the little fluffy pillow and everything.
Hey, thanks for the reminder. I've got to take my nifty ortho cushion, complete with handle, to work tomorrow to sit on!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Volunteer Job........

Hi......I just loved your saying "I am so stinking excited & .....! So wonderful if you can get credit for it too for your college!

I understand your disc disease...mine is Osteoarthritis but I have two disks that protrude & go back in several times a year. I had back surgery on one that was completely disolved. They took a bone from my left hit & broke it up to put in a titanium cage in my lower back.

I have been sober a long time now but the pain keeps on complaining...I just do what I can to get relief. I cannot tolerate pain pills so go the anti-inflamatory route with one muscle relaxer at bedtime so I can relax enough to go to sleep.

I am so happy for you....when you volunteer can't you take a break if you need to so you can get some relief from the pain?

Good luck to you, :praying

kelsh

Old 06-02-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kelsh View Post
I have been sober a long time now but the pain keeps on complaining...I just do what I can to get relief. I cannot tolerate pain pills so go the anti-inflamatory route with one muscle relaxer at bedtime so I can relax enough to go to sleep.

I am so happy for you....when you volunteer can't you take a break if you need to so you can get some relief from the pain?
I don't do pain pills either. I'm sure she will allow breaks as I need them because she's aware of my condition. That's why we're starting at half a day to see if I can tolerate it. Most of the chairs I saw in there looked pretty well ergonomic and padded.

My practicums are 45 clock hours each (2 practicums, the 2nd one is where I get into the ICD-9-CM coding), so this will give me a head start on those. I may be able to get that double degree after all!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Rockin' !!
Old 06-03-2009, 05:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hiya Freedom---
Hope your day is going good.
Sending you some "support" for your back in the form of a dancing banana!!!!!!!!!

peace,
b
Old 06-03-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

((DeVon))

I hope you're having an awesome day!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-03-2009, 10:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

What a fantastic first day! My nervousness was for naught! What a great group of gals to work with, and everyone jokes around. One of the coders had her shirt on inside out and realized it about an hour into work. We all lost it!

I had three charts to assemble and analyze (they all come into the department willy nilly and out of order), and one of those babies was about 125 pages long! After I got things in order, then I had to flag the ones that needed a doctor's signature. Deficiency check lists have to be filled out (for missing signatures/reports/etc), and then all that information gets plugged into a computer program, and copies made of certain papers that go to the doctors, home health care, etc.

Then the charts go on to the coder. There's 6 gals working under the health information administrator, 5 of those being RHITs (Registered Health Information Technicians-degreed gals) and one is the secretary, who was training me today and she assembles/analyzes the charts.

I'm all fired up to go back tomorrow already!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

What great news!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you had a great day!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-03-2009, 06:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Congrats! Big Hugs!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

This is terrific news Freedom!

Congratulations! Sounds like a great place to be working.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Awesome!
Congrats!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

You are the cog in the wheel that is keeping the whole show running!!! You won't get near enough kuddo's fron the clinical staff (cuz we're not always good at that stuff) but remember that at least one nurse out there knows that she would be minus a paycheck without awesome folks like you!