Final update

Old 05-31-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Final update

All good news, It's been a year since I split with the A, seemed a bit of a milestone that I needed to mark. I remember coming here with hope that he'd get over his addiction but saw pretty quickly that this is the exception rather than the rule. If it wasn't for you guys I would probably have stayed much longer so I must thank you all for a swift education.

It's been a good year if a bit of a rollercoaster initially (Some pretty major harassment from him).

Kids are doing great, the eldest in particular is turning into a wonderful young man and is growing up fast (little one is my cuddle bunny). It's been great to spend time with them with no dramas looming in the background. (He isn't their father thank goodness)

There have been some challenges as was made redundant due to the economic climate but found something comparable and more satisfying within a month. Sure I wouldn't have coped as well if ex had still been on the scene especially as he lost his job this year because of his drinking.

Life is much calmer and only wish I'd got out a bit sooner but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Still checking in here on a regular basis to keep reminding me of red flags to watch for should I decide contemplate starting a relationship (No fear of that anytime soon, keep throwing them back)

Also posted as wanted to share with others that you can cope on your own and life becomes much easier X
Old 05-31-2009, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rainbowsend, I hope you weren't serious when you say "final update" ???
You will keep popping from time to time, won't you?
Old 06-01-2009, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'll still be here and making the odd comment (not as knowlegable as most to make that many)

Had a pretty surreal evening. Over the last year I've had a number of dates and flagged a few with substance abuse problems at and before a 1st date.

Tonight I spend a lovely evening with a codie. Text book stuff, father an A, married an drug addict (didn't realise till after the marriage) Then had a 4 year relationship with an A which got a bit nasty (he knew she was a wrong un but thought she was a challenge he could change).

Very sweet lovely man but thinking "red flags" another potential needy type for me to fix? (not that I want to fix anyone now, too much like hard work)

Well I suppose at least I can see that it is a potential problem which has to be a step forward.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you!
Old 06-01-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's good to read of positive things due to changes someone has made for themselves!

Love those kids while you can because they sure grow up fast!

:ghug :ghug