My awesome message from HP

Old 05-30-2009, 06:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My awesome message from HP

Yesterday, as I was driving near my house, a red-tail hawk flew directly across the road in front of my car. The incredible part was that it was carrying a black snake that was so long I thought it would hit my windshield. My heart stopped, and I got chills as I felt in my soul that this was a message meant just for me.

I have a friend who is Native American and studies symbolism, interprets visions. She helped me find the meaning, which is so comforting. The hawk is a messenger, and the snake symbolizes rebirth.....my new beginning.

I just love being awake and aware of all the miracles around me! I spent so many years focused on the chaos and drama of living with an A. Please share your miracles too......it may give hope to someone waiting for one of their own.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great Thread!

I had a moment myself last night.

I was feeling pretty stressed by ABFs behavior. I got set to get in some exercise and put on my MP3 player. As I held the power button, I was thinking I just have to hang in there until the time is right to leave him. I sighed and said a quick prayer for strength.

Just then the music kicked in right where I had forget I left off before with the song "Roll With The Changes" by REO Speedwagon. When it got to the line..."I'll be here when you are ready to roll with the changes" I felt a little weak in the knees followed by a rush of energy. They were words that I needed to hear right when I needed to hear them.

Needless to say, I had a great workout!

There are moments when you just need a sign, a smoke signal, or lightning bolt, something to reassure your soul that someone/something is listening and believes in you. Those moments make up so much for the times when I feel a little lost.

I'd love to hear from others, too.

Alice
Old 05-30-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When HP wants to talk to me, s/he generally sends a raven.

Much like your hawk, they'll just show up out of nowhere, and will come ridiculously close, within feet, as if to say "Okay, we know you're thickheaded GL, so just in case you had any doubt this is a message, let me show you every single feather."

A shaman in the Northwest U.S. once told me that I have a raven as my totem. I can see that - raven is a powerful symbol of ingenuity, curiosity, humor, and transformation, all of the tools that I try to use to keep me healthy.

Pretty woo-woo stuff, as a cynical friend would say. But true.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Since I was a child, I have always felt as when a street light goes out in front of me and I see it, it is God saying, "I am here thinking of you." Last week about 5 or 6 mornings ago on my way to work and it was still dark, three lights went out with in 4 blocks of driving. The other lights around them stayed on so it wasn't a power thing going on, just street lights going out as I approched them. I said, Thank you God for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine." (Quote from Signs,Signs,Everywhere a Sign)
Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awakening

Ahh, chicken hawks!

Man I've had too many of these messages to relate here but Red-tailed (chicken hawks) hawks are definitely my messengers. I've got to do some research on the whole Native American totem deal. The way the Indians revered the earth and all it's inhabitants is very much in line with how I believe.

About a year ago when I still smoked I was out on our upstairs balcony when a poor old dove shot from over the eve behind me, right in front of my face. About 10 feet behind him was a very hungry chicken hawk in hot pursuit, his wing tip actually brushed my hair as he shot by. They flew thru the courtyard and up and over the other roof line. A few moments later the same dove came flying back toward where he'd come from. He looked a little tired and stressed (could tell it was the same 'cause of the missing feather on one wing...probably a near miss from Mr. Hawk).

Any way I see them all the time, often I'm the only one around, so I KNOW the message is for me! All I can figure is that it's HP telling me, "I'm here with you, and everything is gonna be O.K.". Often the most obvious and physically closest encounters are when something really has me stressed out and beat down. Kind of like Givelove's, "Hey knuckle head, I'm here, I'll handle it"!

And yes, NOT focusing on our alcoholics/pondering the past/future, frees up a lot of time to live in the present moment, which is the ONLY time we get to enjoy all this beauty around us.

Great thread.

Thanks and God bless us all, :ghug
Coyote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if this fits in here or not, but I'm going to share anyway

My parents little dog went missing last week. Now I know all pets are special, but this one is special to my family. He's a little Jack Russell, called Jack (I know, not much imagination)
My parents have always had dogs, ever since before I was born, but when their last one had to be PTS they said they wouldn't have another. Anyway, when things were really bad and my mum was OTT in enabling my brother and all the chaos was at it's worst, a friend I work with asked if I knew of anyone who could take a jack russell as his owners were getting old and couldnt look after him, so I asked mymum and dad, knowing they were suckers for animals in need and the timing was right. After a couple of days of my dad pleading with mum, they agreed they'd take this dog on. The owners had changed their minds though. I was gutted, and so was my friend at work because she knew what we'd been going through. I put it behind me though after telling my parents it wasn't to be, even thugh I knew they were disappointed.
That weekend I tried to phone my mum, but I couldn't get hold of her for hours. At the back of my mind I knew where they were, or at least what they were doing.
When she finally answered the phone all I said was what's it called?
They'd been out and found an 8 week old puppy for themselves, the best thing they ever did! This pup has been so pampered for the last year it's unbelievable. My parents had 2 dogs as I was growing up, the first died at 18 and never saw upstairs or lay on a sofa in all her life, the second at almost 19 was just the same. This little yappy Jack Russle rules the house, he runs along the back of the sofa, sleeps where he likes, has the run of all the house and doesn't know the meaning of the word stay. But he's the best dog ever, he gave my parents their lives back.
Anyway, he got spooked last Monday, ran off from my dad while they were on a walk. My dad isn't the fittest and at 67 I didn't expect him to be running after a young dog. No sign of Jack all day, or all night.
Mum and dad were getting realy worried, he's been their life for the last year and they suddeny realised just how much he's been there for them. The day my brother died Jack wouldn't leave his side, he sat with him and wouldn't even leave him to eat. (guess he knew)
Jack was missing two nights, and I posted a message on a memorial site I made for my borther, asking him to bring Jack home safe. I know you know what's coming, but Jack appeared that day.
That was a sign for me. A sign that I should have more faith than I do in a HP, and that theres definately someone listening to my pleas, prayers and inner thoughts.
And also hat maybe our A's can make amends wherever they are, who knows?
Sorry it's long, I just wanted to share Jacks story with you. x
Old 05-31-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

9 years ago, my then husband (now XAH) had a horrendous DUI accident. I was on the way to the hospital, in February, in the mountains on icy roads at 6AM. The accident caused severe injuries and it was possible he would die.

As I was driving by the river a bald eagle suddenly flew up over the embankment and flew directly over the middle of my windshield. He was so close I could see individual white tail feathers. The odd thing is I have never seen a bald eagle in February.

I knew God sent me that eagle to assure me I would be OK. The fear subsided and I have never forgotten that God has been with me all along.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I was reading this thread, feeling down (old, old triggers and heartache) when my dad called me! Its been months since we don't talk (he is an airplane pilot and I have been working too much too) and just this exact moment, when I needed him ... he calls.

When I see the time and its 11:11. 11:11 is a code about the consciousness shift on the planet towards a place with more light and compassion (at least for the new agey yoga type, like me) so I always see 11:11 and are reminded that what I am doing is not for me only as my inner state changes my interactions with partner, friends, family, coworkers and my community in general, and will affect my future kids too so it reminds me I am part of something much much bigger than my own old little self at home....